1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Fender Bronco 40.......

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ZenG, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ZenG

ZenG

Dec 13, 2013
    Looks pretty good for experimenting around the house......

or on the computer.......

Anybody got one?

One review I read the guy had an issue with "hum"

2. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    I had one, i liked it very much, i traded it for an ampeg ba-112. I should have kept it, the ampeg simulation in the bronco sounded better and deeper than the ba-112.

Using fender's software is fun, but i only used it once to setup my amps and cabs preference.

It's a great amp for home practicing, it sounds great at low and medium volume, do not expect to gig without pa support!

3. Sponsored by:

4. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I have one I got used a few months ago. It is in my opinion the most versatile and best thought out combo amp ever made. The effects, tuner, sound, look, modulation, weight and ease of use is way above anything else I've seen anywhere near the price range. I found one used that is in perfect shape. Best $140 ever spent.

Linnin likes this.
  5. Trayster2

Trayster2

Aug 13, 2012
    Palm Coast, FL
    I love mine. It has a lot of cool effects. I've had no issues with humming at all & I've had it over a year now. Great little practice amp for the price.

Linnin likes this.
  6. Zephrant

Zephrant

Dec 10, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Just got one on CL tonight. Pretty impressed so far.
    I'm selling my Orange Crush 50 to finance it.

What are your favorite models to use? There are so many choices, I don't know where to start.

Linnin likes this.
  7. Tad

Tad

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    I have one.

It is a cool little amp and it's fun to experiment with all of the different settings and tones you can get out of it. The amp models all have different sounds and tones. It has built in compression, which is pretty good, and the effects are alright .

You can play around with Fuse and save your favorite settings and presets and back them up on your computer and load them onto the amp. The prests that come on it are pretty good, though. They are usable as is.

I have the foot switch and you can program it to select between your two favorite presets. There is an LED by the jack that will show red/green to show you which setting is active.

It is plenty loud for practicing and small doings. It has a mono XLR line out if you are wanting/needing to run through a PA and use it as a stage monitor.

The built in tuner is accurate.

I have had mine for four years and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Mine doesn't hum.

Linnin likes this.
  8. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    have one , love it, no humming here.....seems to have been taken off Fenders website.....anyone else have info....Linnin?....

9. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    ...."well smear me with jam and tie me to an anthill "!.....totally missed that ....sorry all, for the misinformation

looks like I need to dust off my copy of "The Interweb for Dummies"....

10. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    I purchased a bronco last fall for a new home practice amp. It has a zillion different sounds, a lot of fun to play through! Im in love with the 59 bassman setting!

Linnin likes this.
  11. Don't be so hard on yourself, edencab. Fender just launched a totally new website, and things are changed frequently.

12. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    :D thanks... but I know why I goofed up.....even though I KNOW it is a Bronco....for some reason the other day, while doing a quick search for it, 3/4's of my brain thought it was part of the Rumble line, hence my "Fender has dropped it" thoughts.....:rollno: