1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Fender Cabronita Bass Guitar Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MetsMan75, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetsMan75

MetsMan75 Supporting Member

Just bought this new a few months ago and it is a very unique cool bass but once again bought something else and need to let one go so sadly this one is up for sale but don't have to sell it. It is like new.....has only one little tiny significant scratch I can see and was like that when I bought it in Brooklyn. Still debating this but will consider selling this shipped CONUS for $475.00. Comes with Fender gig bag.

Attached Files:

2. MetsMan75

Full shot

Attached Files:

3. MetsMan75

Backside

Attached Files:

4. MetsMan75

Neck is a 1.62" wide and has a U profile (but not a baseball bat)

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MetsMan75

7. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    None - but willing to discuss!
    Is there a hole under the pckguard?

8. MetsMan75

I never pulled pg off but I can look and get back to you.

9. MetsMan75

In fact I can take a pic too and will try to capture the little scrath as well. I'll try to get them posted tommorow.

10. MetsMan75

Scratch on back of upper horn

Attached Files:

11. MetsMan75

Router hole under pickguard

Attached Files:

12. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    Just curious but whats the significance? Never heard someone ask that question.

13. droskobass

droskobass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    sweet bass!! GLWTS

14. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

It's just a hole from the cnc machine only effects the fact that you can't have a no pickguard bass. Now i have a question is what is the neck profile?

15. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    is the output of the pickup the same as a normal passive p bass? and the sound?

16. MetsMan75

I had someone ask me about that hole on a RW Jazz bass I was selling once....he said some had a hole and some didn't. Some people seem to think they'll be more valuable/rare one way or the other but to me it don't matter on a newer bass anyway. I think most people would want to know to see if they can take pickguard off and use it like that.

17. MetsMan75

Neck is called a C in the official fender specs but IMHO its a U and theres many others out there with these basses that agree with me. As far as output and sound I would say its similar to a P Bass...maybe slightly hotter IMO.

18. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    None - but willing to discuss!
    I asked because I don't personally like the way the pg looks on this bass and if I bought it if want to take it off. At this price though, dayum! Who cares? Someone buy this from this guy. It's been here a little while and it's a sweet deal for a unique p-bass.

19. MetsMan75

Thanks man...this is a unique style bass and I understand the pickguard may not be to everyones liking but that's an easy fix. I happen to Like the black n white look but it can look good with red tortois as well or whatever suits you. Also its not hard to cut out your own pickguard. You can buy sheets of bakelite or other material and come up with your own style pg or make a tele bass style. I've done that before. If you really wanted it to have the no pg look you can easily make a plug for hole with a glossy black top to fill in hole. That can be done by yourself cheap. Can always be covered back up with pg. Another idea is a clear pg and paint a black circle on pg where hole is. The Posibilities are endless...that's the beauty of having these lower end basses. :)

20. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

21. MetsMan75

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.