Fender Custom Classic Jazz V with Audere

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 77stingray, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Up for sale is my cherry burst Fender Custom Classic V with upgraded Audere JZ6 VB 3B preamp and Nordstrand NJ5F's (just confirmed by Carey Nordstrand). http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/help-identify-these-jazz-pickups-5-string-1054139/#post15520233

This is a gorgeous bass with ash body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and white abalone block inlays. I have not had time to make a sound clip. One of these sold recently with an Audere preamp and lollar pick ups. Sounds very similar - and I believe the sound clip is still posted:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fender-custom-classic-jazz-v-upgraded-1046719/

$2300 shipped.

Attached Files:

2. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Mine is the one that one you referred to that is similar to this. These are great basses especially with upgraded electronics.

What pickups does this one come with and how much does it weigh? Condition?
  3. 77stingray

The bathroom scale says right around 9.5 pounds. I am not the original owner and I don't have the original preamp or case. The pickups are unmarked - so I think they are stock. They sound excellent. The bass is in great condition aesthetically. There is one ding on the upper horn I will post a picture of. It will ship in a hard shell case, which I will need to purchase. I can work that out with the buyer.

Attached Files:

4. 77stingray

Ding in the upper horn

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Gold Supporting Member

The original pickups should be labeled "Noiseless".
  7. 77stingray

Ok there is no label on the pickup cover - but the serial # is cz5.... Which would be 2005, right? We're noiseless pu's around at that time?
  8. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

I could be mistaken but I believe in 2005 these originally came with the pickups that said "Noiseless" on them. The less expensive US Deluxe J5s at that time had the SCN labeled pickups.
  9. 77stingray

Ok - so, how can I identify these? From the underside? I will check it out and take pictures. The bass sounds identical to the one in the sound clip above.
  10. swpyne

The pickups in Abe's bass (previously mine) were made by Lollar and they had no markings on the covers. Taking a look at the bottom of one of them may help identify them.
  11. 77stingray

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392151033.211552.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392151054.718620.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392151076.656947.jpg

Nordstrand NJ5F's
  12. swpyne

Hmmnnn, I can't really tell anything from the photos either but hopefully one of our other TalkBass experts will be able to chime in and tell us what these are.

Beautiful bass BTW, I owned one just like it (same color and year) and like a fool I traded it away. These are great basses with monster tone and killer playability!
  13. 77stingray

Lots of great trade offers ... Looking for cash (paypal accepted) or trade plus cash (on your end) on an incredible upgraded Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392250749.824228.jpg
  14. Danimal00

Danimal00 Dealer: Sweetwater

Disclosures:
    Sweetwater Sound Senior Sales Engineer
    I have an original Custom Classic Jazz 5r in Aged Cherry that I ordered in 2005, and received in 2006. It is my favorite bass. It is stock and the pickups have "Noiseless" in a script logo on them, for whatever it is worth.
  15. gzarate85

gzarate85 Supporting Member

Wow, very nice jazz bass. I'm surprised it's still here. Glws.
  16. 77stingray

17. 77stingray

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392403397.391990.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392403417.112592.jpg
    As requested better size and location pics of the ding in finish. Doesn't seem to have dented the wood.
  18. 77stingray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.