1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Custom Shop P Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SuperK, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Does Fender sell the Custom Shop '60's pickups that come with the new MIA Precision basses? All I can find is the '62 Re-issue Pickups. I have a 2009 MIA P Bass but I love the sound of the new models and must have those pickups!

Anybody know where I can get my hands on some?

Thanks.
  2. Bajo_63

Bajo_63

Don't know, but I was surprised last night when I A/ B'd an MIA P bass with "Custom Shop" Pickups against a Squier VM P wih Duncan Designed Pickups. The Fender pickups were not punchy at all. I went to three different Shops. Sure, the feel and the finish were impecable on the Fender but the sound is not what I wanted. SVM P sounded more like what I was after, but it did not feel as good in my hands. I understand there is not just one P Bass sound. I even preferred the sound of the MIM P compred to MIA. Go figure.
  3. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Yea I need to play one of those Squier VM P Basses. I have a VM Jazz Bass and I love the sound of it. I'm curious to hear what those Duncan Designed pickups sound like on the VM P Bass.
  4. Bajo_63

Bajo_63

I too have a VM J. I Iove it. It sounds awesome. My son will get to add it to his bass collection when I check out. I'm teaching him not to be a gear snob.
  5. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Finally, the Fender Custom Shop is offering a/the '62 Precision Bass pickup.

I just saw this today on eBay while looking around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Fen...554?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d1a96be6a

I can not find any other information about this pickup anywhere else on the net. Nor can I find anyone else selling it other than BassGuitarParts Resources. It's gotta be a new offering by Fender!

What do any of you know about the Fender CS '62 P Bass pickup?