Fender Custom Shop P Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SuperK, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Does Fender sell the Custom Shop '60's pickups that come with the new MIA Precision basses? All I can find is the '62 Re-issue Pickups. I have a 2009 MIA P Bass but I love the sound of the new models and must have those pickups!

Anybody know where I can get my hands on some?

Thanks.

2. Bajo_63

Bajo_63

Don't know, but I was surprised last night when I A/ B'd an MIA P bass with "Custom Shop" Pickups against a Squier VM P wih Duncan Designed Pickups. The Fender pickups were not punchy at all. I went to three different Shops. Sure, the feel and the finish were impecable on the Fender but the sound is not what I wanted. SVM P sounded more like what I was after, but it did not feel as good in my hands. I understand there is not just one P Bass sound. I even preferred the sound of the MIM P compred to MIA. Go figure.

3. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Yea I need to play one of those Squier VM P Basses. I have a VM Jazz Bass and I love the sound of it. I'm curious to hear what those Duncan Designed pickups sound like on the VM P Bass.

4. Bajo_63

Bajo_63

I too have a VM J. I Iove it. It sounds awesome. My son will get to add it to his bass collection when I check out. I'm teaching him not to be a gear snob.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Finally, the Fender Custom Shop is offering a/the '62 Precision Bass pickup.

I just saw this today on eBay while looking around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Fen...554?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d1a96be6a

I can not find any other information about this pickup anywhere else on the net. Nor can I find anyone else selling it other than BassGuitarParts Resources. It's gotta be a new offering by Fender!

What do any of you know about the Fender CS '62 P Bass pickup?