1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Fender Custom Shop Relic Precision Bass (Loaded) Neck - Tele Style

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by thebrian, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrian

thebrian The Brian abides. Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Well.. this one time.. at band camp..
    SOLD!

[​IMG]

Fender Custom Shop Relic P Bass Neck (Tele Style)
    Original Relic Tuners & String Tree Included

Very nice condition Custom Shop relic neck from 1997. Old Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock, and the heel has "P J Bass" handwritten, as well as another CS logo, date stamp (Dec 17 1997) and "R CANTU" inspection stamp - all under the finish. The nut is just under 1 5/8". I believe this was from a custom ordered bass, not a production model. One really cool thing about this neck is that it's rounded at the heel like normal (not squared off like a '51 reissue) so it will fit virtually any American Fender Jazz or P body (and lots of other bodies too). Tele style, early '50s headstock.

The neck is straight and the truss rod works fine. The original frets are vintage size and were recently dressed. The finish is satin on the back of the neck and glossier everywhere else. This neck really has a fantastic feel to it!

It's a "relic" neck so it has some scratches, dings and finish wear, and the hardware shows some patina as well. Since it's 17 years old, it's hard to say what's natural wear and what's relic'd at this point.. but that doesn't really matter now anyways! :) The back of the neck is very smooth throughout with no dings to speak of. Very cool unique neck!

Click Here For All The Pics (18)

$795 OBO Shipped (Conus)
    Paypal or USPS Money Order Accepted.
    *I also ship International, PM me for details.

2. thebrian

Disclosures:
    Note: I corrected the nut width in my post above. The nut on this neck measures just under 1 5/8".

3. thebrian

Disclosures:
  4. thebrian

Disclosures:
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.