Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by edisonsexybeast, Sep 18, 2012.

1. edisonsexybeast

edisonsexybeast

Hi guys, I bought a Fender Deluxe jazz bass with 24 frets about a year ago used at Guitarcenter for about $350. Made in korea, Seymour Duncan basslines, Flamed Maple veneer(?) and active 3 band eq. blah blah. plays pretty nice, however I'm looking to get an upgrade, anyone know how much it actually goes? It's a discontinued model now... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. edisonsexybeast

edisonsexybeast

3. miketallica315

miketallica315

If you look at Guitar Center's used inventory online, when these guys pop up that is, usually have a price tag of about $350.00 to right around $400.00. I paid a bit more than that for mine because I got it used from a fellow TB'er. I only went that route because I had gone through about 3 or 4 from Guitar Center that had something wrong with them, most commonly was a stripped out truss nut. You can try your luck on Ebay if you would like, but you are going to find that they go right around Guitar Center's prices. The last one that I still have in my Ebay watch list (for some odd reason) sold for $222.00 with about $80.00 in shipping. Is there anything else that I could help you out about this bass?

4. SoulGroove22

SoulGroove22

Ive got one of these basses with a stripped out truss rod nut. I love this bass and all the tones you can dial in, but truss problems seem to be common. Do you know if the nut is replaceable or do you have to go to the trouble to remove the fingerboard to access the rod?

5. Register to disable this ad