1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Deluxe PJ Deluxe sea foam pearl

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoshMac311, Jan 27, 2014.

1. JoshMac311

JoshMac311

Hello everyone. I just bought this bass and I am really stoked. Quick question: I like the reggae sound for bass guitar. Should I put flatwounds on this guitar? Anyone have a brand they would recommend? I would also like to buy a decent amp that I could gig with. Any recommendations? I currently just have a fender rumble 15 for practice. (i have been playing through the monitors instead of using a bass amp)

Thanks in advance for any responses or opinions!

2. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Put some GHS precision flats on there.

3. fabubass

fabubass

No pix, no bass. Give us something to drool over!

4. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

I think you could get away with rounds if you wanted, depending on the sound you're going for. I played that bass in guitar center and it still had a warm, fat sound with rounds. Just favor the P pickup. Sounded great through a Markbass Little Mark III and through a Hartke LH1000.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

+1.

7. JoshMac311

JoshMac311

Here is a pic. Very happy with it!/Users/McAllister/Macnson_local/Ghost Files/photo.JPG

8. JoshMac311

JoshMac311

Can't figure out how to post a pic!

9. Duckwater

Duckwater

You have to upload the picture from your computer onto an image hosting site, and then embed that link within your post on here