1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Dimension bass..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sav'nBass, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Anybody got one of these things? Or tried one.. care to post about it...
  2. bassarama

bassarama Supporting Member

I tried 3 models yesterday.

2 were single pickup models
    Only about $750, so I guess not Made in the USA ?

Played nice.

Sound was NOT HAPPENING at all.
    A very weakened Music Man Stingray sound.
    No punch, no clarity.

The 2 pickup model was a clunker.
    Didn't even bother 2 plug it in.

0 out of 5 stars for me anyways.

I personally DO NOT like ANY current Fender Bass, any model and definitely NOT for the outrageous and ridiculous pricing. For example a non correct period wise Geddy Lee Custom Shop bass costing MORE than an original (this has been discussed on other forums here, YES I know and CONCUR:D).

Dollar for dollar the BEST bass Fender are making are the SQUIRE series.

My opinion is based on the fact that I own and have played vintage and high end boutique basses for over 40 years.
    I personaly feel Fender has "lost it" and I just don't TRUST them any more ???? Way way too corporate ( greedy ).
    My 2 cents anyways :meh::meh:
  3. EagleMoon

EagleMoon Supporting Member

I played one MIA and one MIM and the MIM felt better though the MIA sounded better. I personally didn't like the feel of the neck (too thick) but that's typical P bass.
  4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

I just got to play 2 of these at one of my local GCs. The first one was a Honeyburst Deluxe with the mids control ... a very nice bass compared to many I've held and heard. The second one was a used Charcoal Grey 'crafted in China' model that was absolutely one of the smoothest basses to play that I've ever touched ... for $500. I might have put a deposit on it if I didn't think the Wife would dispute the necessity of it (However I am considering the layaway plan to give me time to come up with a good explanation ;)
  5. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I played a MIM a few months back and loved it. Sounded and played great. I almost bought it, but I quickly reminded myself that I was in the store to find a short scale...