Fender Dimension bass..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sav'nBass, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Anybody got one of these things? Or tried one.. care to post about it...
  2. bassarama

bassarama Supporting Member

I tried 3 models yesterday.

2 were single pickup models
    Only about $750, so I guess not Made in the USA ?

Played nice.

Sound was NOT HAPPENING at all.
    A very weakened Music Man Stingray sound.
    No punch, no clarity.

The 2 pickup model was a clunker.
    Didn't even bother 2 plug it in.

0 out of 5 stars for me anyways.

I personally DO NOT like ANY current Fender Bass, any model and definitely NOT for the outrageous and ridiculous pricing. For example a non correct period wise Geddy Lee Custom Shop bass costing MORE than an original (this has been discussed on other forums here, YES I know and CONCUR:D).

Dollar for dollar the BEST bass Fender are making are the SQUIRE series.

My opinion is based on the fact that I own and have played vintage and high end boutique basses for over 40 years.
    I personaly feel Fender has "lost it" and I just don't TRUST them any more ???? Way way too corporate ( greedy ).
    My 2 cents anyways :meh::meh:
  3. EagleMoon

EagleMoon Supporting Member

I played one MIA and one MIM and the MIM felt better though the MIA sounded better. I personally didn't like the feel of the neck (too thick) but that's typical P bass.
  4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

I just got to play 2 of these at one of my local GCs. The first one was a Honeyburst Deluxe with the mids control ... a very nice bass compared to many I've held and heard. The second one was a used Charcoal Grey 'crafted in China' model that was absolutely one of the smoothest basses to play that I've ever touched ... for $500. I might have put a deposit on it if I didn't think the Wife would dispute the necessity of it (However I am considering the layaway plan to give me time to come up with a good explanation ;)
  5. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I played a MIM a few months back and loved it. Sounded and played great. I almost bought it, but I quickly reminded myself that I was in the store to find a short scale...