1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Dimension Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rbacker95, Jan 30, 2014.

1. rbacker95

rbacker95

Thinking about adding the Fender Dimension bass to my collection. I really like the tonal switch on the Mexican made bass, but I wanted to see if anyone has had problems, or just what the overall feeling was.

2. NWB

NWB

I just played one at the local GC this past weekend.

I really wasn't impressed at all. I thought the tone was rather bland on all of the five settings. It didn't seem to have any particular character to it.

It may actually be decent with a good setup and/or a different amp though. Who knows?

3. laklandplayer

laklandplayer

I have the MIM dimension 5 natural maple and I love it. I own 20 different basses and this has been my go to lately. Super light weight, great bridge, sound is excellent and the preamp is versatile and quiet. The neck is fabulous and feels just like my american p bass 5 string.

4. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

I just played a dimension 4 string through a fender rumble 150 at the local music store and i gotta say i loved the tone it was a great modern with a hint of vintage type tone but the neck is freaking huge!!! If fender would make one without a pg and with a jazz neck i would definately be a buyer

5. Register to disable this ad