Fender Dimension IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 81precision, Mar 8, 2012.

1. 81precision

81precision

Never heard of this model till tonite when one showed up on our local CL. Can anyone enlighten me on this model. Appears they were made briefly mid 2000's then quickly disappeared. P/J config with 24 frets active and 2x2 side tuning machines. Looks new and I am checking it out this weekend and there wasn't much info online. Thanks in advance to any input.
  2. jamzcl

jamzcl

I had a black Dimension V and thought the tone was great with the active P/J's. It was a light bass too and very comfortable to play. A nice bass on a budget and a unique shape over the standard MIM Deluxe's.
  3. deeptubes

deeptubes

Yeah, I saw that ad, too. I have seen them before, but not often. The open lower horn kind of reminds me of an Ibanez SR. I like picking up different basses, and I'm a Fender fan. Got a P Elite II and an HM IV. Will probably get a Blacktop P down the road. Had a '80 P Special. Still kicking myself for letting that one go. If I hadn't gotten laid of last month, that Dimension would probably be sitting in my mancave right now. Pickups kind of look like the Lace Sensors, which I love. I think I would eliminate the blend knob and give each pickup its own volume. If nothing else, it's a good looking bass. Let me know what you think of it.

You could give it to me as a birthday present! I'm 42 today. :D
  4. spike4evr

spike4evr

Anyone know what the neck size is at the nut on both the IV and V? There is one 5er on the guitar center used site and the thing looks thick, am hoping for a thinner nut on the 4 comparable to a Jazz at least.
  5. Register to disable this ad