1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender elite I precision bass help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nomeolvido, Dec 25, 2012.

1. nomeolvido

nomeolvido

Hi. I have some questions about this bass. The bass is in good shape, almost everything is original. It has all of the fine tuners on the bridge, but one of the knobs is missing, the battery cover and the bottom strap lock is also missing. Have to change the potenciometer cause is half broken too. I´ve been searching all over the web to see if i can find the missing pieces with no success. Guess i´ll have to use new parts for replacement, but a battery cover that´ll fit the bass is nowhere to be found. My question is, where can i find one that fits. also, why does the bass sound so low without the battery.

Thx for your replies in advance.
  2. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

The straplock is just a Schaller straplock; you can get a set at Sam Ash for about $6. I've seen battery covers on ebay, but if you can't find one they're pretty easy to make. The knob is probably going to be difficult.
  3. danomite64

4. danomite64

Wow, I see a few of those knobs on ebay under 'completed listings'; they're selling for $40-50.
  5. nomeolvido

nomeolvido

Wow, thanks for the fast replies. What about the low volume without the battery.
  6. danomite64

That's probably normal. I had one for a short time back in the early '90's, but the battery never died on me, so I have no experience there. On most of my other active basses, when the battery died, the sound got distorted, and then the bass made no sound at all.