Fender Experts, need some help. Real or Fake MIJ Pbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baltarock85, Sep 18, 2013.

1. baltarock85

baltarock85

Hi, I recently got a "MIJ" P bass, but has no serial number in the neck and it is kind of weird, however it sounds and feels good, can anyone help me with this?, thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I am miles away from being any kind of expert, but the logo looks wrong, and the truss adjustment has always been at the heel, in my mij fender experience.

3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I would almost put money on that being a squier II neck which were made in Korea mainly , also India but only rosewood boarded ones. The truss adjustment, the licensed by schaller tuners , the gloss finish and the font of PRECISION BASS looks like squier II , then its had a 50's fender spagetti logo applied. That fender logo and P bass font never would go together from the factory.

The stamps on the body and the no channel route point to MIJ also the PB 562 looks like correct stamps.

My guess is real fender MIJ body, squier II korean neck with decal replacement.

4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Nope. Body is, neck is Mexi or Indonesian, or possibly not Fender at all. Sorry..

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drul

drul

the neck looks like a korean squier 2 for sure. That was my thought before I read the posts above as I have a parts bass with a squier 2 neck. The "precision bass" part of the headstock decal is in the same location and is exactly the same as well. It looks as if someone sanded off the serial number and squier 2 logo and added the fender and re-cleared it.

They really are great necks though....

you can see one here.
    http://www.bass-guitar-museum.com/bass-2879-Fender-Squier-II-Bass-Korea-Ser-S927806-Maple-neck

7. baltarock85

baltarock85

8. Lownote38

Lownote38

The body is right. The markings in the neck pocket are correct for a Japanese Fender P Bass. The neck looks very suspicious, though. If it is a Fender MIJ neck, the main part of the decal where it says Fender has been replaced. That's where the serial number would have been as well. The way it says "Precision Bass" is correct, but the word Fender should be in the transition logo in silver rather than the spaghetti logo you have there.

9. natas

natas

do all MIJ bodies have print on the neck pocket? I dont see one on my pb38

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Is that a waterslide decal on the head?

For the record, some MIJs do have this trussrod adjustment layout.

One obvious example we've all seen is the original Jaguar.