Fender Fidelitron vs. TV Jones: Rout Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Hi -

I've got a loose Fender Fidelitron Cabronita bass pickup that I'm planning to install in an old Squier P body in place of the split P, in the Precision D-G coil spot. The gory details will be covered with a custom-made Precision-profile pickguard.

My question is: Can anyone confirm/deny that a TV Jones routing template will work to make a cavity that will fit the Fidelitron? see: http://store.tvjones.com/router-template---ne-filtertron-p76.aspx

thanks!

2. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

I am also interested in an answer to this question. I have recently purchased a Squier Cabronita Precision bass pickup and I am considering trying it out in my Mikey Way Mustang. I have no idea until it arrives whether it will fit the existing space, or will need routing out the original cavity provided for the Fender-designed humbucker. If so, being able to use a template would certainly be easier.

3. marcray

marcray Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Aging Former Bass Player
    I don't know if this helps at all, but when I spoke to TV Jones about replacing the stock MIM Fender Cabronita Fidelitron with a TV Jones model they "thought" the Fidelitron was larger than their pick-up.

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

fender is making pickups in cuba now? [​IMG]:cigar:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Measurements I've seen for the Fidelitron are 2.833" x 1.392" x .821"