1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender FSR: future plans

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paradog, Dec 14, 2012.

1. paradog

paradog

is there any way of knowing what Fender is going to be doing in the coming year as far as FSR basses? Or even if they will be doing limited runs of American Made basses?

2. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

No one knows because Fender is remaining tight-lipped.

About the only generally accepted rumor right now is that Fender is doing away with the respected AVRI line and replacing it with the New American Vintage line. These will likely come with a 25-33% price increase.

Watch for posts and threads concerning Winter Namm which goes down in late January. Fender will probably have announcements then, although not necessarily for all their 2013 plans.

3. dwh87

dwh87

NAMM 2013 news is leaking all the time now. Some people make a game of searching websites looking for pictures and info.

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Fender's website doesn't show any American Vintage Precsions yesterday. As for FSR, it depends on what customers order. Many of the "FSR" are ordered by either big chains, or by any of several consortiums of smaller dealers.

John

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. IPA

IPA

All I know is I probably need to keep $800 handy, because I'm going to walk into GC and get punched in the gut by something awesome.

7. Nobody

Nobody

My guess would be some slight changes to the Precision and jazz basses.

8. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

I wish for 2013 you could pay an extra 5% and have it painted any colour of the rainbow....