Fender FSR Natural Ash P-Bass Loaded Body ...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by tjh, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I purchased this body off of TB recently from the link below. It has suffered shipping damage on the upper arm bevel, that is well pictured in the thread. I venture into P-Bass land every year or two, and quickly realize that I am best at home with my variety of J's ... so this one is ready to move along again. The extent of the 'repair' I did to make the body usable (the break in the finish left sharp edges), was to simply sand down the edges to make it smooth ... I will try to include pictures of my simple repair as well.

With all that said, this is a pretty remarkable body .. beautifully grained ash, tort guard, and nice and light ... complete loaded body as pictured weighs 5.5 lbs on a calibrated digital scale ... this should easily translate to a mid 8 lb. bass (or less), with your average Fender neck ...

The stock ceramic magnet pup on this body has been replaced with the Seymour Duncan 1/4 lb pickup that is installed (probably $35-40+ used value by itself) ...

Along with the ding on the arm contour, the body did arrive to me with FINISH ONLY cracks at both sides of the neck pocket, and two very slight FINISH cracks at the upper bout strap pin .. I will try to show pics of all this below as well ...

Bottom line, a beautiful body, that is nice and light, but has not had a very sheltered life to this point ... with that said, if I was going to 'ding' a body, it would be exactly where the bare spot is on this body ... take a look at the Fender Road Worn basses, this is the EXACT spot that they are sanding the finish to look aged ... I simply smoothed the edges for use, it is the perfect candidate for someone to continue in the fashion of the Road Worn on that spot .. it wouldn't take much at all.

I am not looking to part this body, and I am raising funds for tax time right around the corner, so am pricing it to move ... (watch for several other items I am listing in the very near future as well please) ..

Fully loaded FSR Natural Ash body, with SD pickup installed ... $145 + actual shipping ... lower 48 only please ...

.. here is the link to the ad I purchased it from ... lots of pictures here, and I will add more in its present state ...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/maybe-sale-fender-speical-edition-ash-damaged-1055243/

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... here is the 'ding' on the arm contour after I have sanded the edges ... wouldn't take much at all for someone to finish off to their taste, or even 'feather' edges for a road worn look ...

Attached Files:

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Pics of the FINISH ONLY cracks coming from each corner of the neck pocket (the one on the upper side is worse than the lower) .. and of the finish cracks around the strap pin ... these where here when the body came to me, and have not gotten worse since I have had it ... sorry about the fuzzy pic on the strap pin, but I think you can see the tiny lines ...

Attached Files:

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

.. one more of the 'spot' repair from the edge view ... and then a shot of the beautiful grain on the back of this nat ash body ...

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... and pending ...

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... and sold .. thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.