1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

The Cosmetics
    * D string tuner is slightly bent, bending it back should be possible and if you are one to put on a de-tuner then you would be able to use the clean E tuner for the D string.
    *Fine dings on the back of the neck,very small almost as if done with a ring? also headstock has light dings from bumping into stuff.Frets are great and truss functions fine.
    * The skunk stripe on the back between frets 2-5 has a line you can feel on the E string side of it, I have found this with a lot of fender necks and it is not the actual skunk stripe sticking out, its the finish in between the stripe and the neck essentially cracked, that sounds bad but its the fact they expand at a different rate due to different woods and the clear in between them seperates. That all just made it sound terrible but its basically a fine line you probably wouldnt notice if no one told you, I analyze stuff way to much but thats why I keep great feedback everything is disclosed.

$355 shipped CONUS , this is the neck, tuners and string tree

The bass is currently complete and this is essentially what I need to get in order to bother taking a screw driver to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

biggest mark on back of neck

[​IMG]

If you look really closely you can see that line between the skunk stripe and neck, look reallllll close:)

[​IMG]

2. A-Step-Towards

3. A-Step-Towards

4. A-Step-Towards

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

7. tepperware

tepperware Supporting Member

From the images, it looks like the G string tuner is bent, not the D string. Was that just a typo, or are the pictures not capturing the bent tuner properly?

8. A-Step-Towards

My bad you are correct its the G

9. A-Step-Towards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.