1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender humbucking pickups. Modern Player & Blacktop

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Systolic, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Systolic

Systolic

Killing time in my local GC (my favorite local place just shut down. :( ) I happened to pick up a Fender Modern Player Jazz. And to my surprise I kinda fell in love with the tone I was getting. I really enjoyed those humbucking pickups.

To cut to the chase, what is the difference between the H pickups in the Modern Player Jazz and the Blacktop Precision?

I checked out the Fender website and they just label the pickups as "Modern Player Jazz" and "Blacktop Humbucking."

What's the deal?
  2. Systolic

Systolic

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Supporting Member

I believe they're the same, but one is made in China and the other in Mexico.
  4. Systolic

Systolic

Interesting. Thanks. Anybody else have more info on these?
  5. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Bump...

Inquiring minds want to know!!