Fender Introduces Bronco 40 Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by kenstee, Aug 3, 2011.

1. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

Fender introduces Bronco 40 bass amp | MusicRadar.com

PRESS RELEASE: The new Fender Bronco 40 bass amplifier provides a wealth of technology and inspiring tones.

This compact bass amp is loaded with 24 versatile presets of amps and built-in effects that make it any bassist's ultimate practice and recording companion.

The Bronco 40 offers unique features at an incredible value, such as computer connecting via USB to engage the exclusive Fender Fuse software interface, which lets you customize and store a wide variety of parameters.

Fender Fuse is the key to creating, connecting and configuring your Bronco 40 by downloading and uploading presets, deep parameter editing, unlimited preset storage (to your computer) and assigning your amps and effects just the way you like them.

Other features include a single punchy Fender Special Design 10-inch speaker, eight distinctive amp models, digital effects (including chorus, reverb, delay, envelope filter, flanger, phaser, octave and more with Fender Fuse), compressor, chromatic tuner, auxiliary input, headphone jack, XLR output and optional single-button footswitch (stores two quick-access presets).

Suggested Price: Around USS$400
  2. TaylorO'

TaylorO' Banned

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Seems like a lot of tech and a high price for a combo amp with a 10" speaker and 40W. That's a practice amp by most people's usage patterns.
  4. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Fool For Four Strings
    Especailly when the Mustang series starts at $100. Great for apartment practicing. But $400 is too much. You can get a PF-500 for that and plug in phones. Would sound a ton better.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude Supporting Member

I was on the edge of My seat, hoping for something with bottles in it...... Meh, not for Me(goes back to sleep).
  7. u84six

u84six Nobody panic, the bass player is here! Supporting Member

What happened to the new Super Bassman?
  8. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

I have the guitar amp version of this, the Fender Mustang I. I have the smallest one and play mostly with headphones. It's cool in that you can simulate a ton of classic Fender amps and you have pretty much every effect you could ever want built in. The USB input to the computer also works great and is fun for recording. I would never consider playing through this thing live. At the end of the day I have a love/hate relationship with it. I think the keyword with it is that it's 'Fun'. Messing around with a bunch of effects is always fun. At the same time, they tend to get in the way. Also, when recording, I would rather bypass any effects/simulation and add those in garage band if needed. The lowest end Bronco would be fun for the same reasons and have the same annoyances. The major difference being that Fender is much much better known for their guitar amps than they are for their bass amps. It's cool to simulate a Twin Reverb amp on guitar, not so much whatever the presets are here besides the Bassman.
  9. bassvi

bassvi

Yes, bring on the Super Bassman!!! If you go back to that thread I think somewhere it says they are projected for release in the fall....
  10. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

I don't know, this sounds interesting to me. Not as a serious gigging ot jamming amp, but could be a good fun toy to play with and practice amp. The price doesn't seem all that outrageous to me ($249 at Musician's Friend), and it would be a nice alternative to my current Rumble 15. I'm thinking of getting one, just for fun.
  11. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

That's MSRP. You can get it at Musician's Friend for $249. I assume that's probably typical. $249 isn't too bad.
    Edit:
    Checking the Fender website, MSRP for the Bronco 40 is actually $349. Also, the picture on the Musician's Friend site is NOT the same amp as pictured on the Fender website.
    I'm confused.
  12. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Endorsing Mofongo! Supporting Member

I was very intrigued by this amp so I ordered one from zzounds. Although their website said they were expecting more August 20th I ordered it cuz i'm out of town till next thursday but it turns out it'll arrive monday.:bassist:
    the main reason i took a chance is because i don't have any effects pedals and the usb connectivity really interest me.
    I'll add post some remarks after i had some face time.
    Cheers!
  13. Joe Flair

Joe Flair

I bought this amp after seeing it at the local music store and playing around with a bit. It's loud enough for monitor usage, and it has the XLR output for playing live. Having such a small amp reduces stage volume, and really gives a lot more control to your main speakers. Once I got it home and really got to mess with it, plugged it into my computer and used the FUSE software, the thing is a very impressive piece of equipment, and I plan on taking it to the studio this week to see what I can really pull off with it. The amp modeling is quite impressive, and the ability to add effects, do cab modeling, and adjust any feature of the modeled amps on the computer is a real treat.
  14. jamesclark

jamesclark

I own one of these amps. it works great, I got mine for around 200 bucks from musicians friend. its great if you can mic it, but the USB recording, while its nice in the fact you can laydown scratch tracks with it, ive got better audio buy recording thrue a flat responce interface and into my pedalboard.

so hears the deal, the specks I did not see hear are as followed. 40W
    10" Fender Special Design speaker

8 amp models: Rumble™, '59 Bassman®, Bassman® TV™, Bassman® 300, Redhead™, Rockin' Peg, KGB800, Monster

Onboard FX: Modern Bass Overdrive, Overdrive, Fuzz, Greenbox, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Vibratone, Envelope Control Filter, Octave, Step Filter, Delay and Reverb

24 onboard stored presets (unlimited with Fender FUSE™ and computer)

Safari Fender Bronco 40 40W 1x10 Bass Combo Amp | Musician's Friend window USB connectivity for connecting to Fender FUSE™ and for digital recording

XLR output for quality studio recording

Two "quick access" presets can be stored to an optional 1-button footswitch (sold separately, Fender model # 099-4049-000)

now, fuse sucks majorly, its offle, the digital recording is not that great, where this shines however, XLR out, it sounds fantastic. speaker sounds pritty good for where I am at least.

its nice to have reverb and stuff like that in it, but to me the reverbs not that great, my zoom pedal puts out better reverb.
    but its a fantastic amp for what its worth. someone said its a love hate relationship, well tehre rite, oh, also its got a 12 band complimiter on it, its flippin amazing is what that part is.
    also, you can change the fazer speeds and all that with a tap key.
    ok theres a lot more, go read the manual.

ok thats my review of this amp from someones whos owned it for about a year now. peace.
  15. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I'll pass too! :(
  16. msaone

msaone

Saw the bronco in the store. Didn't even try it. "Toys" on an amplifier turn me off.