1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender/Jackson EMG BEQ3??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by awilkie84, Nov 20, 2013.

1. awilkie84

awilkie84

I just ordered a Jackson CB-XV into my local L&M.
    It comes with an EMG BEQ3 9V pre-amp.
    Can anyone give me any information on how these sound or compare to an EMG BT or BQ circuit?
    Google's utterly useless, except for giving me links to buy one.

Thanks, guys/gals!
  2. srvlives4evr

srvlives4evr Supporting Member

I may be mistaken but I think it may be equivilent to the EMG B30 or B64 3 band eq's. I know Schecter uses the B64 eq in their basses. Tonally, hmm not sure, I hear the trend is to yank the pre's out of the Schecters..Check this out, has info, but it may or may not help. http://www.theguitarfiles.com/emg/EMGB30EQ-B64EQ.pdf
  3. Schecter_4_life

Schecter_4_life

Hey awilkie84 I decided to get a JS3 over the CBX-IV and I'm like you trying to fine out if they have the EMG BEQ3 like the CBX's or a cheaper pre-amp. Plus trying to find out if the JS3's have active or passive Jackson pickups so which ever they are I will know when I replace them with EMG's I will know if I will have to replace them with the 35HZ's or if there active pickups I can use 35DC's.