Fender Jaguar Bass (MIJ) Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J-75, May 25, 2012.

1. J-75

J-75

I've recently acquired a used '09 Japanese manufactured Fender Jaguar Bass from the original owner. I wanted to make a neck adjustment, but when I tried to use the hex adjustment key, I could not find anything that fit it at the top of the neck. There's a hole there with a black liner, but the usual chrome nut isn't evident. It seems to be kind of a deep pocket.

Does anyone have a similar model, and can shed some light on how to adjust the neck?
  2. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

Yes, you just need a longer allen wrench. And go easy, because it doesn't take much on these.
  3. J-75

J-75

Thanks PWRL - you nailed it!
  4. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

You're welcome! I'd just dialed mine in hours before.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. colbyAKAbobby

colbyAKAbobby

Hey! How do you date it? I just bought a MIJ Jaguar and the serial number is T008123. I've tried looking online but couldn't get a date on it. Help?
  7. atomicdog

atomicdog Supporting Member

This MIJ Jag is quickly becoming my go-to bass. An amazing number of tones. Great feel—very playable. Vastly underrated on this site. And it's so damn cute!
  8. mixtapelove

mixtapelove

I love mine.
  9. jnslprd

jnslprd

my olympic white jag.
    Needs a shielding something fierce. Will be nice some day.

Attached Files:

10. Interius

Interius

Same here, it's got a horrible amount of buzz. Just haven't gotten around to doing it. I like the olympic white finish! I'm gonna refinish my black one. I'm thinking green!
  11. mixtapelove

mixtapelove

Here's one for the club.

Does the Jag make a Jazz Bass redundant?

My Jag is my only bass. I am hoping to acquire another bass in the near future. I'd like to have at least one P and one J eventually, but I only really have the means for one at this stage. I've always been a Jazz guy, even had one for awhile which I had to sell to financial reasons. But my head tells me if I'm gonna have two basses and one is a Jag, that I might be better suited getting a P-bass.
  12. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

the only reason i haven't gotten one is because i already have a p, a j, and a pj
  13. lug

lug

Just in case you haven't seen this....

[​IMG]

A lot of people have cured their noise problem by just connecting the individual cavities together with some cooper shielding tape. Seems Fender needed a lesson on how to "Faraday Cage". The cavities are already shielded by them selves.
  14. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

I don't think it makes it all that redundant, but I sold my Jazz when I got my Jaguar, and the next one I bought was a fretless Precision.
  15. spango_joe

spango_joe

16. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

mmmm... one of the only basses i have GAS for, these days!

I just dreamt, a few nights ago, that i was playing a red Jag bass with a tort guard and now i really want one!
  17. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

This is a great link but make sure to scroll down to the MIJ's. T+6 digits = 2007-2010

There were no MIJ Jaguars before 2004 which were marketed in 2005. They also were introduced officially at NAMM 2005.

I absolutely Love my Jaguar. It was one of the very first made dating to 2004. Hot Rod Red.
    [​IMG]
  18. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Thanks for this information. I thought I just had to live with it due to the hot Single coil pickups.;)
    Did you add the copper on the pick Guard??
    Thanks,
    Gerry
  19. lug

lug

pic is from another forum member, I haven't had a lot of noise problems out of mine...it's still stock. The back of the pickguard is already conductive. Lot's of people here have done this mod with success. It's cheap and easy. I like things that are cheap and easy! :D