Fender Jaguar Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XUSMC1775x, Dec 27, 2012.

1. XUSMC1775x

XUSMC1775x

can anyone give me any input on the Fender Jaguar Bass? i really want one based on looks, but my local shop wont have one in for awhile. so i would like anyone opinion on it. any replies will be appreciated, thanks.
  2. michael_atw

michael_atw Supporting Member

Don't know how the new ones are but the old style, I've had a few of those and still own one. Some of the most versatile basses Fender has ever made.
  3. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

I had one of the CIJ Jaguars with a Badass II bridge on it and selling that one was a HUGE regret. If it wasn't for who it went to, I'd still be crying over it.

[​IMG]
  4. chasesigi

chasesigi

I have a near mint only a few months old Fender Jaguar Humbucker Bass that I might entertain an offer on, Just got a new Steinberger for Christmas :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. atomicdog

atomicdog Supporting Member

I have a CIJ Jag. It's fun. It's well constructed and has a great neck (a jazz bass neck) and has a lot of tonal possibilities. You can set the pickups passively in parallel (like a normal Jazz Bass) or in series (which boosts the volume) or you can go active (which gets loud and and kinda boomy). You won't be able to get a real good burpy JB bridge pickup tone, as the bridge pickup in passive mode is quite bright (a deal breaker for some JB diehards). But overall, it's fun and versatile. if you afford it, add it to your arsenal.
  7. NightTripper

NightTripper

Not sure if you mean the Modern Player or the Japanese ones. I played a CIJ in a local store recently and I liked it. Lots of tonal options with all the controls on it, and of course they look amazing. I got a lot of static noise on certain settings though. That may have just been that particular one, and it could probably be fixed. But overall it was a pretty awesome bass.
  8. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I absolutely love mine. They are Tone Monsters with tons of Growl if you want it.

I bought mine NOS for $500. It's a 2005 and actually made in 2004. You'd have to spend at least $1'000 to get all these features and such a gorgeous neck on another Fender IMO.

Here's what's Cool/Special about them: The Neck vintage amber finish plus Blocks, Mint Green Pick guard, Vintage Threaded Saddles, True Single Coils, Endless amount of tones thanks to all the knobs & Switches, Awesome Active Pre-Amp, Nice Quality from Japan.

Can't lose with a Jaguar. You may want a little extra copper shielding under Pick guard to quiet it down a bit but I could care less about a little noise.
  9. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

I have one and I love it. I've played it for about four years. Very versatile and playable. Some of them buzz, like mine wound up doing after a while, but are easily remediable with a little copper foil tape. I would never get rid of mine.
  10. NOVAX

NOVAX

Wait a minute- my 2006 CIJ has beautiful blocks but not a hint of binding. Are you sure you have binding? Do they all have binding? Is mine a one of a kind mistake?
  11. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Sorry about that. No binding just Blocks. Post fixed.
  12. NOVAX

NOVAX

Dammit I thought I had a collector's peice ;-) Anyway a great bass: sexy, smooth and toneful. I hear there are mods
    to increase the range of the active eq. Have to search that one out. One of the best Fender bargains out there used.
  13. jacksonev94

jacksonev94 Supporting Member

I've had mine for three years now, it was one of the last of the "first" CIJ Jaguars produced. The matching red headstock looks great, the neck plays like a dream, the pickups and electronics are versatile, and the price is just right. It remains my favorite bass Fender currently makes, with the Marcus Miller Jazz coming in a close second.