1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Jaguar Preamp Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Herbie Chesnutt, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Herbie Chesnutt

Herbie Chesnutt Supporting Member

I just got hold of a standard Fender Jaguar preamp used in their CIJ models. The body I'm putting it into was already routed for an 18v double battery box. I had planned on putting and Aggie preamp in there at some point, but got this Fender preamp and pups cheap and so it goes in.

Can these Fender preamps take 18v? Any benefit from the added power?

Thanks!

2. Herbie Chesnutt

Just wondering if I put 18v to it if it will burn up. Thanks to anyone who might know.

Cheers.

3. Grissle

Grissle

Ya, good chance you'll burn it up. It was designed for 9v probably. There are no published specs on it. Only real way to find out is to try it, and I wouldn't recommend it.

And FWIW those pickups are the same ceramic type of the Squire Affinity's. The new Jag comes with Alnico's, but why Fender skimped so much on the earlier Jags I do know? It almost killed the model off.

4. Herbie Chesnutt

Thanks for the heads up. These pups wi have to make do for awhile.

5. Register to disable this ad