1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Jazz Bass 1969 - pickups and pots question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by macieq, Feb 23, 2014.

1. macieq

macieq

Hello bassist,
    I bought this Fender jazz bass from 1969 but I'm not sure if the pickups and pots are original.
    Could anybody help me with this, please?
    Here are the photos.

7.jpg
    6.jpg
  2. macieq

macieq

3. headband

headband Supporting Member

Nice one there! I believe the pickup codes mean 38th week of 1969, and it appears that you have the 1966 pots as do most other basses from '66 through '69. My '66 has the blue molded cap, which was found in all the blonde and blackface Fender amps of the same time period, and the solder joints appear to be undisturbed. From the photos you have provided, looks original to me. Others may have better information.
  4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

Yes those are original. As headband sees, those are 38th week of '69 pickups. And yes the '66 dated pots are correct as they had the huge stock of 1376642 supply that lasted until 1970. And the blue Ajax cap is correct too.
  5. macieq

macieq

Guys, many thanks to you all for help.