1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Fender Jazz Bass - 1972

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ampig, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

The bass is in good shape and plays well. There are scratches and dings and finish wear which that show the age of the instrument. It's been a player all of it's life. I believe I'm the third owner. The pickups are original but have been custom rewound by Kent Armstrong. The neck is straight as an arrow with no issues. It's had a recent fret leveling. Although some pics show strap locks, the original strap buttons have been reinstalled as well as the original finger rest. Electronics are fully functional. The volume & tone pots have been replaced. Judging by the numbers on the pots I'd say this was done in the 80's. The previous owner did some light sanding on the face of the headstock above the tuiners and towards the nose. A hard shell case is included. It appears to be the correct vintage for the bass, but it has no logo and is about 1-1/2" too wide for the bass at the lower end. The red tort pickguard seen in some of the pics was custom made by Chandler (Pickguard Heaven) and will be included for an additional $50.00. 9.8 lbs on my scale. I think my price reflects a great playing bass in well worn condition. $2200.00 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. danzub

danzub

I'll take it. PM'ed.
  3. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member