1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender jazz bass classic 60's (mexican) - production period?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by douluz, Nov 8, 2013.

1. douluz

douluz

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi, I found a nice bargain for a JB that looks like a classic 60's (I saw only few bad photos), headstock logo with all pat. numbers and "offset-contour" decal, vintage reverse mechanics and no holes under pickguard, made in mexico.
    The seller says it is from 2002, i asked for the serial number but I don't know it yet, does anybody knows in which year was started the mexican production of classic 60's? Maybe some similar mexican "RE 60s/62" have been made in early 2000?

Thanks for any possible help, bye!

2. Do you have a pic? 2002 I believe (if they were even made) they would have been Japanese.

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    The Classic Series 60's Jazz was introduced in 2001 ... they have always been MIM .. FWIW, Fender Japan has also offered what they refer to as a 'Classic' series ... they were not intended for export to this country, but some do end up getting this way ...

4. douluz

douluz

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks a lot! I thought they were introduced later, but I wasn't able to find any information on the first release date.
    So probably it is a mexican classic 60's from 2002. I found it for 400€ (new ones, here in italy, are sold for about 1000€) so I think is a good occasion. If it feels and sound as good as people says, I think I'll get it.
    Thanks again for the help, bye