1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender jazz bass classic 60's (mexican) - production period?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by douluz, Nov 8, 2013.

1. douluz

douluz

Hi, I found a nice bargain for a JB that looks like a classic 60's (I saw only few bad photos), headstock logo with all pat. numbers and "offset-contour" decal, vintage reverse mechanics and no holes under pickguard, made in mexico.
    The seller says it is from 2002, i asked for the serial number but I don't know it yet, does anybody knows in which year was started the mexican production of classic 60's? Maybe some similar mexican "RE 60s/62" have been made in early 2000?

Thanks for any possible help, bye!
  2. awilkie84

awilkie84

Do you have a pic? 2002 I believe (if they were even made) they would have been Japanese.
  3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

The Classic Series 60's Jazz was introduced in 2001 ... they have always been MIM .. FWIW, Fender Japan has also offered what they refer to as a 'Classic' series ... they were not intended for export to this country, but some do end up getting this way ...
  4. douluz

douluz

Thanks a lot! I thought they were introduced later, but I wasn't able to find any information on the first release date.
    So probably it is a mexican classic 60's from 2002. I found it for 400€ (new ones, here in italy, are sold for about 1000€) so I think is a good occasion. If it feels and sound as good as people says, I think I'll get it.
    Thanks again for the help, bye