1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Fender Jazz Bass Custom Build With Bound & Blocked Neck & Badass & Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by svt1233, Nov 29, 2012.

1. svt1233

svt1233

Not so sure that I want to get rid of it because it's so dang nice. I acquired this bass a few months ago here on TB. Condition is 9.5/10 in essence new and just shines.
    Selling a used but in EXCELLENT condition - custom made 4 string jazz bass.
    Bass is a custom Warmoth Swamp Ash natural body (5 lbs) that was bought direct from Warmoth in April 2012. Brought it to Pat Wilkins for custom finishing. Pat did an amazing job! Body in amazing like new condition with amazing grain.

Per Narud on TB, the pickups are from a 1983 62 reissue jazz. they're made the same as the stock pickups complete with flat poles that are sprayed with lacquer. These are practically pre cbs pups and pots with all the tone without paying the big bucks.
    Allparts maple on maple neck with beautiful pearloid white block inlays and white binding. Badass II factory grooved saddled chrome bridge. Neck has nice figuring, Fender stamped 70's tuners, custom Fender Jazz 70's waterslide decal, and Hipshot Detuner.
    Neck is straight and frets in great condition. Binding in perfect condition as is nut.

Bass tone has a lot of punch. The pickups are cloth covered. Sounds amazing.

Also comes with custom Fender "F" neck plate with random serial number made online.
    Though bass shows normal light wear, there's No major dings, scratches or pitting. Neck is smooth but has normal wear. Some finish checking on headstock but not really noticeable. Frets have lots of life left in them and truss adjusts easily. Neck feels great as does body contour.

Comes with SKB Hard Shell Case in good condition. Some scuffs on case but latches and handle work perfectly.

There is easily $1600 sunk into this bass. This is one of the best basses I've ever owned, but am looking for a new style and tone.

Trade interests:
    Basses with split coil bridge and neck pups w/jazz profile necks
    Rickenbacker almost any year, model or color
    other jazz basses, open to many different kinds, active/ fretless particularly
    Jaco tribute bass, have been looking at some with HG thor epoxy necks
    EBMM stingray (especially slo special)
    other customs and parts basses
    steinberger headless
    American deluxe jazz bass (fretless possible)
    modulus Q4
    Fender jazz bass 24 (mik)
    Fender custom shop
    Fender US AVRI reissue jazzes

Possibly partial trades+cash for things like Fbass, sadowsky, alembic and possibly some other boutique bassess. can trade up or down.

Pretty open to suggestions, hit me with what you got.
    Now onto the pics!
    Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/W8lPa#0

HSC included though a bit tattered it gets the job done
    FS price would be $950 Shipped with HSC included

Attached Files:

2. svt1233

svt1233

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

One bump in 24 hours, please.........

4. svt1233

svt1233

It's been 24 hours...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Cool bass. Anything Wilkins touches will have a top notch finish.

For Warmoth stuff, I've generally had better luck with selling necks and bodies separately. GLWTS!

7. svt1233

svt1233

Thanks. And yeah, he does amazing work, this thing just shines.
    And I've still got my eye on your 78 jazz. lol

8. svt1233

svt1233

Here's to getting this sold so I can build a warmoth bump!

9. svt1233

svt1233

10. svt1233

svt1233

11. svt1233

svt1233

Maybe sold tomorrow and a trade is in the works if that somehow falls through so it's basically speak now or forever hold your peace!

12. svt1233

svt1233

SOLD pending payment