Fender Kingman rattle.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fuzzy beard, Jan 6, 2013.

1. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

I have played several different kingman basses at multiple stores in the Cincinnati area and they all have 2 things in common. 1. Cool as hell. 2. open A string rattles like hell!

I have found if you press down on the A sting above the nut it stops. A 3 string tree would be a big plus. So is this a design flaw? Is anyone else noticeing this? Or is there just a vortex in Cincinnati that doesnt like the Fender Kingman? It has honstly happen to every one i have tried!
  2. octaverazor

octaverazor

I find this with all Fender Basses. If you put enough wraps on the post when changing strings it will solve the problem. Three to four wraps should give you enough to get the proper angle.
  3. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Never noticed it on any other Fender or Fender style bass.
  4. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Anyone else notice this?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wallace320

Wallace320

I had to adjust with some tweaks like no cuttin' strings at all, as I was taught to do on other basses... that simple attention was nearly enough

Cheers,
    Wallace
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I've never noticed it before but then I always have at least three wraps? I like the Kingman if I get a chance to play one I'll look for that rattle.
  8. The_Reds

The_Reds

This happens on my Fender Jazz Geddy Lee. I wasn't sure if it was a Fender thing or just a bad set of strings
  9. Wallace320

Wallace320

Secondly: strings on MIJ Geddy Lee's are not that bad at ll, if yours' equipped with same stock Fender set (yellow clothing) as mine was

Cheers,
    Wallace
  10. svlilioukalani

svlilioukalani

None on my Kingman. Must be the Cincinnati VORTEX.