1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender M80 combo - ALMOST FREE - Toronto pickup only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MarkoYYZ, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I picked up this combo over a year ago. Worked fine when I got it, aside from the jacks all having cracked plastic trim rings.. I took apart the head, nicely replaced the jacks and it was a nice beat-around amp that I kept at the office. Not pretty (no grill) and not original speaker, but fun to toy around with. REALLY loud for a single 15".

Anyways, upon moving to a new, larger space a few buildings down, it didn't want to work any more. It would power up, but make no sound. I opened it up to take check speaker connections, all ok. Removed the head to take a peek and found a 2" long piece of solder wick sitting inside, across some resistors - so I believe something got shorted out.

No more amplifier projects for me at all. I am not an amp tech and after moving some non-functioning gear on eBay, this is the last piece I have that would be better in the hands of an amp-tech or someone more qualified.

I am basically offering it up to whoever is willing to come pick it up, and will trade it for something as simple as a new set of strings, a used gig bag, a pick guard, speak-on cable... whatever. I've seen these listed locally for a decent buck - so I'm guessing it has some fans - but I'm basically requesting some small token offer in exchange to make it yours.

It does not come with a speaker - it is unloaded and offered as-is.

100W into the enclosed 15" driver / 160W if using an extension cab
    Built in Chorus effect and optional Deltacomp compression

Older TB thread about them here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/fender-m-80-bass-amp-has-anyone-ever-heard-22309/

I'm located right near Pearson airport in Toronto/Mississauga. PM me if you wanna come and get it.

Attached Files:

2. til mannix

til mannix Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hello MarkoYYZ
    I live near Dundas West subway. Please PM me.
    Thanks
    Tony
  3. MarkoYYZ

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

PMs replied.

I also have a re-coned Hartke 15" aluminum driver that can go into this.
  4. MarkoYYZ

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

...and picked up locally by til mannix. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.