Fender Mark Hoppus-Last call $340 shipped CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

No trades please , I am moving 900 miles in 10 days, I am firm at this price and if it doesnt sell before I move it will stay behind with a friend as I lack room to bring it and other basses.

I have a 2001 Fender Mark Hoppus in Daphne Blue. It has some dings and dents here and there but its nothing drastic. The pickup was swapped out before I got it so it doesnt have the seymour duncan in it, my friend i got it from told me it was to bright for him and that the current pickup was a fender "original" aftermarket pickup, which sounds good to me. I took the bass apart the other day to get some maker marks off the pickup and the only thing I could see is it has cloth wires but its not stamped fender-basically I am not sure what the pickup is. There is a slight electronic buzz, maybe a ground issue? its been on and off and apparently happened after the pickup was swapped.

The biggest down side to the bass is the guy broke a screw to the strap pin off on the body not the horn, he then drilled a new bigger hole on the body and put bigger screws in , and enlarged the original hole in the horn and added a bigger screw. My plan was to fill the holes with wood dowels and redrill them, once the strap buttons were on , it would hide the sin, but I ended up playing it as is. I took the screws out for the photo and will leave them out along with spare strap buttons and ship it with them in a baggie.

I attached a photo of the bottom situation, you see the screw broke off in it and also the new hole drilled, the hole in the horn is just slightly larger.

I will include, 2 strap buttons that I was going to use once I refilled the holes as well as the two screws the guy put in it.

I look at this as a project bass. Its worth this in parts so here it is.

$340 Shipped CONUS with a excell gig bag and black strap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Neck has sold, body still available for $220 , I am closing this thread and that thread can be found in the accessories forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.