1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Mark Hoppus-Last call $340 shipped CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    242   0   0

No trades please , I am moving 900 miles in 10 days, I am firm at this price and if it doesnt sell before I move it will stay behind with a friend as I lack room to bring it and other basses.

I have a 2001 Fender Mark Hoppus in Daphne Blue. It has some dings and dents here and there but its nothing drastic. The pickup was swapped out before I got it so it doesnt have the seymour duncan in it, my friend i got it from told me it was to bright for him and that the current pickup was a fender "original" aftermarket pickup, which sounds good to me. I took the bass apart the other day to get some maker marks off the pickup and the only thing I could see is it has cloth wires but its not stamped fender-basically I am not sure what the pickup is. There is a slight electronic buzz, maybe a ground issue? its been on and off and apparently happened after the pickup was swapped.

The biggest down side to the bass is the guy broke a screw to the strap pin off on the body not the horn, he then drilled a new bigger hole on the body and put bigger screws in , and enlarged the original hole in the horn and added a bigger screw. My plan was to fill the holes with wood dowels and redrill them, once the strap buttons were on , it would hide the sin, but I ended up playing it as is. I took the screws out for the photo and will leave them out along with spare strap buttons and ship it with them in a baggie.

I attached a photo of the bottom situation, you see the screw broke off in it and also the new hole drilled, the hole in the horn is just slightly larger.

I will include, 2 strap buttons that I was going to use once I refilled the holes as well as the two screws the guy put in it.

I look at this as a project bass. Its worth this in parts so here it is.

$340 Shipped CONUS with a excell gig bag and black strap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    242   0   0

Neck has sold, body still available for $220 , I am closing this thread and that thread can be found in the accessories forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.