1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

fender mia of warwick rock bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thumpslap, Nov 27, 2013.

1. thumpslap

thumpslap

wich of these should i get

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rockbass-corvette--4-string-full-size-electric-bass-guitar/3653316.p?id=1218424170952&skuId=3653316&st=categoryid$pcmcat151600050007&cp=1&lp=6

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/american-special-precision-bass-174/1980819.p?id=1218304066872&skuId=1980819&st=categoryid$pcmcat151600050007&cp=3&lp=3
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

If your handle is any indication I think the Corvette would be a better slap bass than the Precision. The P bass slaps fine, but I wouldn't say it excels at it.
  3. awilkie84

awilkie84

Best Buy in the US carries Warwick & Fender!?
    Geeze...and I thought Future Shop in Canada carrying Gibson was weird.
  4. the ombudsman

the ombudsman

Fender USA vs. Asian Warwick? :eek: Fender all the way! The only Rockbass I played didn't impress me at all.

Two very different basses, by the way.
  5. thumpslap

thumpslap

thats what i was thinking. im only getting it at best buy cause i have credit and gas. also did you see the price on that fender. 650 for usa pbass
  6. awilkie84

awilkie84

There are also 2 different Rockbass lines. Which did you play? The one with German hardware & MEC pickups, the the shoddy ones from years past? The new Rockbass line is amazing & will easily stand against that Am Spec P-bass. USA quality isn't the epitome of guitardom it used to be.
  7. the ombudsman

the ombudsman

I think it was one of the shoddy ones. It was in 2002ish. I'm pretty sure it didn't have MEC. It was a 5-string Corvette. It was pretty bad.
  8. Herrick

Herrick

I'd go for the P Bass because I prefer that sound.

The newer Rockbasses are supposed to be pretty good from what I've heard. I'm pretty sure they have the German 3D bridges, tuners, & pickups. I think the woods are different on some models & some may not have all the active controls & tonal options of the much more expensive German models. Also, I think all the Rockasses have bolt-on necks, which isn't necessarily a "downgrade".
  9. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

This is ridiculous. If you settle for a Corvette you can have a German made Warwick for less.
  10. rstellar13

rstellar13 Sarcastic Panda Supporting Member

You can't judge a company on one occurrence....
  11. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

as was said, they are 2 very different basses. If you were to want to resell down the road, I think the USA Fender would hold its value better. That said for ~$700ish you can get a solid used German made Warwick which I think would be a better value than either.
  12. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

I couldn't disagree more - once again, your anti-American bias is showing...

- georgestrings
  13. Artobass

Artobass

Go play them both then decide what "you" like most. These are two different basses and getting your hands on them is of utmost importance before your decision to purchase on or the other.
  14. awilkie84

awilkie84

There are thru-neck Rockbasses, as well.

As someone who has owned 3 US Fenders, I'm hardly anti-American. In fact, my dream bass is a US-made Spector NS-5XL. I also have my eye on a Fender Am Dlx Jazz V, and a custom Warmoth or Carvin build.

My beef is with everyone holding Fender up as the gold standard by which others are judged. It's backwards & wrong. Country of origin in the past was an indicator of quality, but that ship sailed at least 10 years ago. There are MANY professional artists who prefer import models. Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse has a signature Euro model Spector (and he actually uses them live). Johnny April from Staind uses Spector Legends (Asian made) live.

There are other artists with other companies that do the same thing, these were just the 2 at the front of my mind.
  15. thumpslap

thumpslap

16. awilkie84

awilkie84

17. thumpslap

thumpslap

I wen to the store here in texas. they didn't have a warwick cause it sucks here. but I played the j. and yup, now I wait for it to ship. also I was really surprised at the price
  18. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Hyperbole much??? - by all means, provide some examples of that happening here at TB...

- georgestrings