1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender MIA Standard Jazz Bass V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adambarringer, Jan 31, 2014.

1. adambarringer

adambarringer

Anyone got or had a Fender MIA Standard Jazz Bass V? What do you think? Particularly the low B?

I've read a few reviews but none of the music shops near me have got one available to try out.
  2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

Superb basses IME, and very consistent as well.
  3. garp

garp

I’ve got a ‘98 in Shoreline Gold (5 in-line tuner arrangement vs. the current 4+1 arrangement). Terrific bass. Bought it used in excellent condition.

As for the B, it works fine for me. I’ve personally never experienced the so-called “Floppy B” syndrome on a 34"-scale bass, but there are plenty of folks here who would dissent from me on that.
  4. adambarringer

adambarringer

I think I'm going to go for one. Love my IV so sod it. Cheers gentlemen.
  5. Dragan

Dragan

I love mine 2012 MIA standard V. B is bit floppy when played unplugged but not an issue when plugged and played live or studio. Especially with this box :

[​IMG]
  6. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

I put together a 2013 American Std Jazz bass 5 string from a separate loaded neck and a loaded body. The B string sounds fine!

I get your desire to get some feedback, though. This particular model seems to be stocked by stores far less than other models. Hell, when I got my 2009 American Standard Precision 5 string THAT was a special order. So I'm not surprised that you can't find one to try out.