1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender MIA Tuners Fit MIM Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Livewire, May 13, 2009.

1. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee Supporting Member

Would the new tuners that are in the Fender MIA basses fit in a MIM bass with a mighty mite neck? I just bought a new neck for my MIM P and was wondering if MIA tuners would fit. Thanks
  2. LowKee

LowKee

I was just wondering the same thing but haven't been able to find any answers so far.
  3. JavierFarias

JavierFarias

I'm bringing this thread to life again, because I have the same doubt!

I'm planning to buy an All Parts neck which has 11/16" Tuning peg hole diameter and I'd like to use some MIA Fender tuners (the ones in the American Std series) but the specification of these tuners says: "5/8" hole size required".

Would this be a problem since the holes in the neck are a little bit bigger?

Thanks in advance!

Javier.
  4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

yep, they're not gonna fit.

you'd have to get creative with some kind of spacer to narrow the holes enough to support the tuners.
  5. Mickey Mao

Mickey Mao

I've done it with several wrappings of copper shielding tape.
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

No, MIA tuners won't drop-in.

The Fender MIM Standards and Highway 1 series tuners are 11/16"(18mm) peghead holes. Mounting hole spacing is 1" across the top, 25/32" across the bottom, and 1-5/16" top to bottom (on center) get bushings and new mounting screws too.