1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Fender MIJ 60s Jazz Reissue with FCS pickups!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jpbiggs, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Fender 60s Reissue Jazz Bass with Fender Custom Shop 60s pickups and an Audere preamp. Simply a great sounding bass. The upgraded electronics sound killer. The preamp has a 3-band eq and a 3-way switch that goes from standard jazz to an old school thump to a bright modern preset. Extremely versatile. I believe this was made in '97 and has a burgandy sparkle finish. The condition is excellent with just a few dings. The most noticeable is on the back a couple inches below the neck plate. The neck feels great and has a nice profile. The front to back is thinner than the modern C profile.

For sale price: $600.

Attached Files:

2. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

3. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

4. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Nice bass! Is this routed under the pickguard for a battery? Also how much does it weigh?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

I got the bass in a trade with the preamp already installed so I'm not 100% certain about routing, but according to the Audere website, there shouldn't be any need to route the bass for the preamp + battery to fit.

The bass weights 9lbs.
  7. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Since people have been asking about headstock pics, I'm just going to post one now.

Attached Files:

8. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Sweet. Can you show a picture with the pickguard removed?
  9. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

If you are a serious buyer, than I can do this. If it's just for fun and games, I'd rather not.
  10. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

No offense, I consider myself casually interested which is why I am asking questions on the thread rather than sendng a PM.

I'm inquiring about originality for everyone's benefit, you and any potential buyers should know if there are any additional routes.
    If it were sold and modifications were discovered later that may be a problem. Just sayin'...
  11. Bongokid

Bongokid

I guess the OP doesn't have any interest in selling his bass than if he can't take of 10 pick guard screws.
    Anyhoooo.... be sure to check under that pick guard. Not that I don't trust YOU just that, I don't trust Anyone.

NOTE: THIS NOT THE SELLERS BASS! JUST A PICTURE TO SHOW THE IMPORTANCE OF CHECKING OUT YOUR PURCHASE THOROUGHLY BEFORE HANDING OVER MONEY

THE 2 PICTURES OF A (UNRELATED) BROKEN ROUTE JOB HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN AT THE REQUEST OF THE OP:crying:. HE WAS AFRAID THAT PEOPLE WOULD THINK THAT THE PICTURES WERE OF HIS BASS. ALTHOUGH THEY WERE TO SHOW THE IMPORTANCE OF A SELLER PROVIDING THE MOST INFO AND ADEQUATE PICTURES OF AN OFFERED INSTRUMENT.

If I were the OP, I'd take a picture of the bass without the pick guard.
  12. peteybass

peteybass

I hope the OP doesn't mind as I don't want to be rude like others. The bass has not been routed. The Audere and Fender CS 60 US pickups were professionally installed by an authorized local Tech. GLWTS as its a really nice bass and beautiful in person.
  13. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Petey thanks for the comments. I looked under the pickgard before reading this and it's true. There was no routing.
  14. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Oh and the basss is sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.