1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender MIK jazz 24 5er thought and info needed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbully, Jan 4, 2014.

1. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

So i found this bass in a pawn shop the other day. I liked the makeup ..basslines..Hipshots and all .I got the bass for $225.00 with new strings and a cheap soft case.

I like passive 4 stringers but there is hope the old band will regroup with a classic rock /blues lineup and a new bass might be cool.
    I'm still learning what all the knobs do and if anyone can help here I would be grateful.I did a search and really did not find allot on the net or here on this bass.

I never knew they made a MIK Fender until I did some research and seen the old 24 fret 4s were MIK..I thought Japan. Its a steady bass and has massive output for an old flats /passive player.

I used 5's years ago in classic rock bands and loved the big B at the fifth fret to have that E to play allot of song in that sweet spot. I will try to post a pic soon. thanks for any help ,ideas or whatever.
  2. pfox14

pfox14

What? No pictures?
  3. bassbully

I will try. I fired this off as my wife was dragging me out the door to go shopping:p
  4. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

From the top they are: Volume (some had a push-pull for active passive), Pickup Blend, Stack (treble top/bass lower), midrange and a Mid-Scoop Switch. I have a 4 banger and love it.
  5. bassbully

?It has the pull out passive active switch which I love since in heart I'm a passive player.

I got a good deal and the bass looks brand new. Did I ever see me getting an active bass again No. Did I see me ever getting a 5 string again. No. But a few months ago I was walking away from music and sold all but one bass a beat up MIK Squier which I modded and its great. I think its time I try new bass and new sound since I'm not playing old country and oldies anymore.
    I'm even trying to get used to the rounds. Time to go in a new direction as a bass player.