Fender MIK jazz 24 5er thought and info needed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbully, Jan 4, 2014.

1. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

So i found this bass in a pawn shop the other day. I liked the makeup ..basslines..Hipshots and all .I got the bass for $225.00 with new strings and a cheap soft case.

I like passive 4 stringers but there is hope the old band will regroup with a classic rock /blues lineup and a new bass might be cool.
    I'm still learning what all the knobs do and if anyone can help here I would be grateful.I did a search and really did not find allot on the net or here on this bass.

I never knew they made a MIK Fender until I did some research and seen the old 24 fret 4s were MIK..I thought Japan. Its a steady bass and has massive output for an old flats /passive player.

I used 5's years ago in classic rock bands and loved the big B at the fifth fret to have that E to play allot of song in that sweet spot. I will try to post a pic soon. thanks for any help ,ideas or whatever.

2. pfox14

pfox14

What? No pictures?

3. bassbully

I will try. I fired this off as my wife was dragging me out the door to go shopping:p

4. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

From the top they are: Volume (some had a push-pull for active passive), Pickup Blend, Stack (treble top/bass lower), midrange and a Mid-Scoop Switch. I have a 4 banger and love it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassbully

?It has the pull out passive active switch which I love since in heart I'm a passive player.

I got a good deal and the bass looks brand new. Did I ever see me getting an active bass again No. Did I see me ever getting a 5 string again. No. But a few months ago I was walking away from music and sold all but one bass a beat up MIK Squier which I modded and its great. I think its time I try new bass and new sound since I'm not playing old country and oldies anymore.
    I'm even trying to get used to the rounds. Time to go in a new direction as a bass player.