1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Fender Mike Dirnt-Black-Lightest one I have had.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I have had 3 Mike dirnts because they are just the coolest looking P bass to me. '51 style neck with a rosewood board which was never offered with the tele headstock. It has a great feel with no skunk stripe and a 1.59" neck so thats .09 of a inch larger then the standard J neck but clubby in profile.

Add that to a '54 style body with the forearm contour but no single coil pickup and a split coil instead. Very unique bass but pretty traditional looking from afar. The split pickup is a fender '59 which is not sold aftermarket. I bought my other 2 Dirnt's just to part out and keep the pickup because they are my favorite pickup. Cloth wired, beveled pole pieces and a great sound. The machines are Fender stamped 70's RI's. The bridge is a Badass II which I have seen going up in price on ebay recently. If you dont like the BA II they are worth a pretty penny and can cover the cost of whatever bridge you want.

The best thing about Dirnt's bass is he didnt put in terrible decal or signature on his bass, there is a tiny star on the corner of the neckplate thats it.

The bass has some older Fender rounds on it, medium action and plays decently. In honesty it wouldnt hurt to set it up a bit, its not a main player of mine and I am selling every black bass I own , if you havent noticed I have liked 5 black basses for sale. They dont fit the theatrics of my band, we do a whole performance and I need lighter colored basses.

The body is ash and the bass is in good shape. There are the lightest marks around the headstock. 1-2 there. The body has some light clear coat dings, a scratch by the neck plate I took a photo of and a chip the size of a nickel I took a photo of that someone touched up with sharpie, nail polish is actually better and if you slowly build it up as it dries that chip can almost be unnoticeable. I cant help but see the grain in it and know this would look so sweet with a trans finish or stripped natural but the paint is in good enough shape Idk if I would bother. Other then that its golden, a little rust on a few screws and the guard as yellowed but i like it better then bright white.

They dont make Dirnts like this anymore, they are now roadworn from new and cost $1100.

This is the lightest Dirnt I have owned, 8 pounds 15 ounces if you drop the Badass II for something lighter or the tuners hitting 8.5 pounds would be easier, 8 pounds if you get hipshot ultra light tuners and a light bridge.

$475 shipped CONUS-No case. If you want a gig bag send a extra $20 and I will include on of 2 new ones I have you can choose, if I was to include a bag I was going to say $500 shipped but I will give you the option of wanting one or not, I know what its like to have a billion unused bags around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. A-Step-Towards

3. A-Step-Towards

4. A-Step-Towards

bump

may a buyer but not sure if you are interested still let me know.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

7. A-Step-Towards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.