Fender MIM Jazz Sunburst Body (possible for a Jaco replica project)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by FuryGuy, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuryGuy

FuryGuy Supporting Member

Here is a MIM Fender Jazz bass body with the pickup routed under the pick guard, so it could be used for a Jaco replica build if the new owner would choose. The body is in decent shape but it has a few chips/scratches and a few extra screw holes.

The neck pocket has been slightly routed to accommodate a different neck (I assume) at one point, the routing chipped some of the paint around the neck pocket (see photo's). I currently have a Squier VM Jazz bass neck on the the bass and there is a tiny bit of space between the neck and the pocket. However, it mounted fine and is solid. If you put a pickguard on the body most of the flaws disappear and it looks very good. I will include a black 3-ply pickguard if the buyer would like it.

It has 3 extra screw holes drilled in the body, two for a thumb rest between the pickups and one on the back edge for an alternate strap button position.

I would like to sell just the body and use the neck, pickups, hardware and electronics on another body.

So check out the pictures and ask any questions you may have. If you are thinking of a Jaco build and don't mind some chips and scuffs this would be a good start (IMO).

Asking $140 OBO, Shipped to Canada or the Lower 48. I may ship internationally but all shipping and fees are the buyers responsibility.

Please no trade offers unless you have a Candy Apple Red Jazz body in very nice shape. PayPal is fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. FuryGuy

FuryGuy Supporting Member

A few more pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]