1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender moder player Jaguar Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XUSMC1775x, Dec 30, 2012.

1. XUSMC1775x

XUSMC1775x

so i have bought a few basses, so i should be all set right? well....im not v.v haha i just want more and more. so i dont want to spend alot at all, so i was gonna buy the Squire Classic Vibe P Bass that i tried out, but then i saw the Fender modern player Jaguar Bass online. i want it based just on looks haha, ive looked at reviews to see whats players are saying, but i want a little more detail. so anyone that played it/own it, what is your opinion? does it require an extensive set up out of the box? how is the finish? what about the pickups? its only $375 so im not expecting a really great bass, however according to some players on reviews you will be surprised. so any opinions will greatly appreciated, thanks.
  2. jazzgalore

jazzgalore

I've had one for a few months now and I love it. The workmanship is excellent, neck feels great, grinds right through the mix. I play it more than my Longhorn Jazz, in fact. Very basic equipment and that's what I like. Tone counts and it works. I think it can take a beating too. Of course, I had to buy a case for it. Overall - best guitar investment I've made in years.
  3. XUSMC1775x

XUSMC1775x

oh ok, sounds pretty good. i may go ou and add it to my collection today! thanks man.
  4. Bobster

Bobster

Hi XUSMC1775,

I've had one for about 5 months. I'm extremely happy with it. Like anything else, it has it's positives and negatives, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives (I don't mean in relation to the price.) Despite it's low cost it's a very nice instrument.

Here are posts I've made describing my experience: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/new-modern-players-series-fender-821512/#post13406105

I put this post in the setup section describing what changes I've made to mine: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f18/modern-player-jaguar-general-info-909517/

Good luck with the decision. I think you will be very happy. One thing to note, the body finish seems a little delicate, like a Highway 1 or an American Special.

Bob
  5. XUSMC1775x

XUSMC1775x

oh wow, thanks alot man; this was very helpful :)