Fender Modern Player Rev 2.0

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Engine207, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

3. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

Does anyone else see a tad of the Warwick Thumb in the Dimension body shape? Why no tone control on it? If you're gonna go through the trouble of making a "modern" Jazz Bass, and give it a truss rod wheel, why, oh why couldn't it have at least 21 frets, and be a half-pound lighter? WTH is up with touting the pickup configuration rotary switch, and failing to show it in action, as is the case with the MP Jazz demo videos? These basses might be deep center-field home runs, but Fender's marketing took a mere check-swing; FAIL.
  4. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

I had a chance to play one of these at Guitar Center last week. I didn't mind the jumbo frets as much as I thought I would. But the whole thing felt kinda 'cheap'. There was just something about it that screamed 'corner-cutting', even compared to the half-as-much Ibanez's and Squiers that were there. The American models were far and away more solid feeling, and that sometimes isn't saying a great deal. Even the GC guys were kinda surprised that it said 'Fender' on the headstock. The SUB Ray 5 felt great, though....
  5. Register to disable this ad