1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Modern Player Tele Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Widow1942, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Widow1942

Widow1942

My favorite local shop has one of these listed, I'm gonna go try it out tonight (assuming it's still there). Anyone have any experience with one? I searched the forums and only found mentions of folks that owned one, there wasn't any info on their features and benefits or negative feedback.

It's an alder body with maple neck and fretboard, with 'dual Modern Player Wide Range humbucking Precision Bass® pickups'.

Thanks.
  2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    It is a serious kick ass bass those two humbuckers are super powerful. Well made for the price. In the end I sent mine back because of finish issues with the body and I have a '79 Tele, really didn't need another.
  3. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty Supporting Member

I love Tele basses. But if I were buying one in that style, I would probably go with (and thankfully my lovely missus bought it for me for x-mas) the Cabronita bass.

Tele bass style slab body with a killer Fidelitron pickup. I love the sound of that pickup slightly overdriven. Sir-crunch-a-lot!
  4. Scott549

Scott549

I am personally not a fan of those pickups. If you want some treble and definition in your sound, the single-coil or split-coil Precision pickups are better. If that is your preference, consider a '51 Reissue or a Squier Classic Vibe 50's Precision.