1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender & Musicman Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stonewall, Jan 31, 2014.

1. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

I have a 2010 Custom Shop 64 Closet Classic Jazz without question a great bass i have put lots of playing hours on this bass and have kind of semi retired her.I plan on only gigin her once a month now.While waiting for my Musicman Sterling HH my new go to bass ive been playing steady gigs with my 2005 Stingray this is such a great bass too.Now im bumming that im trading it on the Sterling.There is no question im going with the Sterling but sure wish i didnt have to let the Stingray go.I guess im just babling here sorry.I dont think i will be 100 % happy til i own a Fender Jazz ,Fender Precision ,Musicman Sterling and a Musicman Stingray all in one collection.In my opinion these are 4 of the BEST basses ever made.
  2. electracoyote

electracoyote

This is very true, on both counts.

My opinion: 'Ray > Sterling

But that's just me.
  3. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

If you're going to have the Complete Collection of Best Basses Ever, you should add the G&L SB-2 and L-2000 to your list.

Those are the last of Leo Fender's creations and, arguably, his best work.

Personally, my Sterling 5H and SB-2 are my #s 1 and 2 basses. I've had all those others and I like these 2 the best.
  4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I like the smaller Sterling body better than the SR /shrug
  5. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Fixed :D
  6. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

im sorry stuart that may be true but i just do not like the look of headstock on the G & L.
  7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

You can save alot of money and keep more basses by buying 'em used.
  8. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

In that case, you could always look for older ones that have the headstock shape that is VERY similar to a Fender.
  9. PRECISIONFUNK

PRECISIONFUNK

Has anyone here tried a Sterling Ray 34 and an American Special Jazz? Any possible comparisons you can provide? Thanks