Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI Intonation

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 101Volts, Jan 21, 2014.

1. 101Volts

101Volts

Hi, I got a Bass VI in late 2013 and put 26-95 Labella strings on it. I just tried to intonate it, And even with taking the springs off the lower four saddle screws I still couldn't get the lower three intonated; They're all too sharp and the saddles are as far back as they can be, And I tried lowering the strings as low as possible without buzzing too (Though I didn't adjust the neck relief yet)

Suggestions for a solution? I thought of buying a bigger bridge, If there is one.

2. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Are you referring to the Pawn Shop Bass VI? If so, that's a common problem with the narrower Jaguar bridge they used. For me, the solution was a Staytrem replacement bridge. It's a perfect drop in. They make two versions, to fit the Pawn Shop radius of 9.5" as well as the "old-school" 7.25". I mention this because there is no individual saddle height adjustment, it is built to match the radius of the board.

3. 101Volts

101Volts

Hi ModuMan, Yes that is the type of bass. Thanks for the recommendation!

*Edit* I went to http://staytrem.com/ and found this:

" Due to relocation of the business we are unable manufacture any parts or process any orders at the moment.

We will be up and running again on Monday 24th February 2014.

We apologise for any inconvenience, any questions please email john@staytrem.com."

So it looks like it'll be a while before I can order one. I'm leaving this post here for anyone else reading within the time period.

4. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
    I think I read somewhere that the Fender Mustang bridge is also a good fit.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 101Volts

101Volts

Thanks.

What were the Staytrems going for in price before the site went offline?

7. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

I got mine through their ebay listings. The most recent ones translate to $107.80 with $5.80 shipping. I don't remember exactly what I paid last May but it was around that.

Worth every nickel (or pound?), it's a great piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171219377651

8. 101Volts

101Volts

Thanks for the link, I emailed it to myself and will add it to the watch list.