Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI - StayTrem Review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by negativefx, Jan 9, 2014.

1. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

Figured I'd give a quick review of the Staytrem on here.

First, John's customer service is excellent. All communications between he and I went better than expected. Shipping was fast and cheap (UK to US).

Build quality is superb. Install was brainless and the staytrem dropped right in place. It was about 99% of the way to perfect intonation out of the package.

Have had zero issues with the Staytrem, tuning stays, sustain is better, sound is nice and full. Most importantly, it can actually intonate the VI. Great product. If you have a Jag/VI, I couldn't recommend a better way to improve the guitar for a relatively small amount of cash.

Now for that neck shim....

2. vickerekes

vickerekes

Disclosures:
    none
    I installed it on my 62 Fender Bass VI quite awhile ago, my 3rd bridge upgrade in 29 yrs, and it's over-the-top good.
    A little pricey, but sustain and tone are much improved - and I can play hard without that sympathetic ringing on the strings - a real quality bridge!

3. walldaja

walldaja

Did you get the wide one or the standard?

4. vickerekes

vickerekes

Disclosures:
    none
    I believe I got the standard (which fits it) and couldn't be happier.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. el_cody_loco

el_cody_loco Supporting Member

+1 to Staytrem, they're the best Offset Guitar bridge builders I've seen. Honestly, they put Mastery Bridges to shame. The wide bridge is what I ordered, as it let me set the saddle WAY back to intonate with the strings I was using. They make them in more standard sizes in 9.5" radii, so you can use them on Squier VM Jazz/Jags too.

COMPLETELY worth the price, and then some.