1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

Fender Power Jazz Bass Special-Light and White!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    241   0   0

I just got a passive Jazz bass special and that is the reason this is for sale so please no trades, this one is in no way worse I just dont use the active portion.

This is a 1989 Japan Made Power Jazz Bass Special. I have owner 5-6 of the passive versions but this is the only active one.

This one is very clean. I photographed 2 of the worst marks on the front of the body. The back has a 1/2 scuff and there are so other light marks but its very clean for a 25 year old bass. There are a lot of small clear coat dings on the front and back, very light BB size and the type you have to angle the finish in the light to see.The hardware is all original and in good function. The bridge is a quick release type which I love for on the fly string changes. The bridge and the neckplate have lost some of there black paint, pretty common on these. I adjusted the price a little, I was going to ask $25 more until I remembered a issue with the 3 way switch, it will select the P only position, the PJ postion but when you put it in the solo J position it will pop back into the PJ ( middle) position. I have always meant to have it cleaned and I may look at it prior to the sale but I never use a solo J position, I dont like it. You may though so that maybe something you want worked out.

The best thing about this one is its LIGHT and WHITE. Seriously I have passed on a few of these as they were tanks, this is my LIGHTEST bass. I also dont like the majority of the colors these come in , many are to 80's for me and the black is just to much black-I rarely see white ones its like a 20 to 1 ratio when I see a white one verses a black, pink, green one etc.Th headstock area is beautiful. So many of these are dinged up around there but the headstock is perfect with the graphite facing and clear logo. The white paint looks to have no yellowing and is still a bright solid white.

Here's the basics:

Super Clean
    7 pounds 12 ounces-My scale isnt super accurate but it is not off more then a few ounces-meaning its under 8 pounds!
    Gloss neck
    22 Frets
    All original “F” knobs
    Reverse P Pickups
    All electronics work perfectly
    Operates in active or passive mode
    ATE Circuit boosts lows or mids
    Pickup selector switch toggles between P & J pickups or both together
    Frequency sweep
    TBX tone control

[DEL]650[/DEL] $625 Shipped in a like new roadrunner hardcase.
    [DEL]$600[/DEL] $575 shipped with no case.

Prices are firm, price drop due to switch issue disclosed above, also see post 5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. pappas0211

pappas0211 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

One of the 3 basses I've been lusting after. Beautiful!
  3. A-Step-Towards

Rating - 100%
    241   0   0

Thanks.

I totally spaced the string situation. As can be seen in the photos the strings are mismatched due to a G string break and a quick fix. There is a matching set of chromes on the bass now.
  4. pappas0211

pappas0211 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I'm telling ya. If I had something to sell off and that switch was fixed, I would be doing anything I could to land this.
  5. A-Step-Towards

Rating - 100%
    241   0   0

Well I know I wont be fixing the switch because frankly I don't use it in the position it pops out of, I don't do the solo J pickup tone.

In light of the fact some do I have dropped the price $25 and my price on this was firm. That should cover any switch/shipping needed to replace it. Right now guitar center has the same bass in the same finish for $600+shipping and tax with no case and I highly doubt its any cleaner or lighter. They truly don't make them like this anymore. Currently I need this bass or my warmoth listed for a band I am in as I need the 22nd fret so I am not pushing it heavily, it it sales cool I will keep my Warmoth, if not well I need it anyways.

Link to various 3 way switches

http://www.allparts.com/guitar-switches
  6. John Herzog

John Herzog Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

7. A-Step-Towards

Rating - 100%
    241   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.