1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Fender Precision Bass Special (P/J) USA California Series BAII Gold Anodized

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dave79, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

A really nice bass that I haven't played in several years, aside from the last two days setting it up and making sure I wanted to sell it.

For sale only. Read that sentence again. Thank you.

It's from 1997, which according to one TB listing was the only year they made them. BAII and gold anodized pickguard are stock with this variant. It has wear on both sides of the neck and is missing the top paint layer in a few spots(black underneath). Aside from that stuff it's in pretty great used condition, not mint, not new, used. Frets are in great shape and the bass plays great too. Color combination is one of the best I've ever seen on a Fender, really a cool looking instrument.

$600 + shipping

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Closeups:
    http://s1256.beta.photobucket.com/u...rary/Precision Bass Special California Series

2. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

3. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Whats the nut width?

4. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Nut width is 1.5 inches

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. steamthief

steamthief

BAII is an upgrade on that bass which the majority of TBers probably prefer, they came from the factory with vintage style bridges with threaded saddles. Bump for an awesome bass, my '97 is a lifer!

7. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

I have to respectfully disagree steamthief, according to my extensive research(Google) there were two versions released, one with the standard bridge and one with the BAII. They were putting out Geddy Lee at this time so it's not too much of a stretch that they would stock a BAII on another bass. Anybody else want to chime in?

8. gsquare

gsquare

what's the weight?

9. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Weighed it a few times on the bathroom scale, getting 9.8lbs

10. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Just got my first trade request....sigh

11. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

If anyone wants, I can drop the price $50 and put on a regular bridge(new or used)

12. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

I've seen several this color or red and all had vintage style bridges. I don't doubt that some were factory with BAIIs. I still like BAs and have 2 fretless jazz with them.

13. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Disclosures:
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    I have a Chrome Red loaded body. I've had it on a few necks, killer bass! Tough to find a good passive P/J

14. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I have never seen one of these stock with a badass II and I have owned 2, one red and one burst , both had vintage style bridges like the mexican ones.

15. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

When I search around I find an unusually high amount of these with BAIIs and I remember seeing something before I bought this a couple years ago that some had BAII stock. Think I'll just swap in a vintage one and put it at $600 shipped...

16. Kobilly

Kobilly Supporting Member

I s there a case involved here?

17. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

I just got a pretty much new hard case this afternoon. I can include it for $50 or instead of the BAII.

18. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

19. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

From an email I just wrote:

The tuners are original and cheaper than the US Standard Line. So the wear...it's like someone wrapped their hand around the neck while playing, I'll see an occasional blues/country cat do this. The wear is both above and below where my thumb goes, which I think is at a pretty standard middle of the neck area. So if I take a finger and slide it down the neck with a little bit of downward pressure I find the bottom to be fastest and worn the most evenly, the middle to be the slowest (finish can slow you down), and the top to be fast but a bit uneven, particularly a spot of finish that remains next to the 5th fret.

20. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

SOLD and the BAII is off to the Accessories Classifieds soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.