Fender Precision Bass Wall Hanger?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thing1, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Thing1

Thing1

I've been keeping my Fender bass in its case lately, but it has taken up quite some room and it scares me with the case on the floor. I decided to put it on a hercules wall mount, but the head on the neck comes down more on the left side than the right, causing it to sit crooked instead of straight up and down on the wall :(. Heres an example taken from google:
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone have any input who uses this hanger, or any suggestions on one made to suit that bass better? Thanks!

2. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Which Hercules hanger did you use?

I have the versions with AutoSwivel Yokes - any bass hangs pretty straight, regardless of headstock design...

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Whichever you use, if your headstock is nitro, put a cloth around it where it touches the hanger unless you are completely sure it will not react with the nitro ... I had a hanger that did, and finish is now off on two spots that the hanger touched ... the hanger I used did not swivel, I mounted it at an angle so the bass hung straight down ...

4. Shimmidybone

Shimmidybone

rotate the hanger. the horseshoe doesn't have to be perpendicular to the floor. rotate it another 20-50 degrees or so.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I've had pretty good luck with the Hercules & nitro finishes... no problems yet after at least 2 years use...

I think they're designed to work with all finishes - but you can never be too safe...

7. Thing1

Thing1

I believe the one I have is this model, at least this is how it looks..

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GSP39WB.html

That is genius, idk why I didn't think of that sooner :eyebrow:

8. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Hmmm. That one should swivel & allow the bass to hang straight... Try swivelling it manually, maybe it's somehow stuck? If you mount that unit on an angle, it will only change the range of the swivel...

9. Shanebo

Shanebo

I have used a Woody's hanger setup for my wall-hanger P-bass with great success.

Here's a link to their product on Amazon: Click here for the Amazon link

The standard model works for the P-bass, but the guy I ordered from included the Vert model insert at no charge, in case I wanted to hang a different one later with an angled headstock.

They have several different styles, and pricing varies here and there. The guitar hangs by the strap buttons only, so they can hang in any position, as securely as being on a strap that is bolted to the wall. Barely visible as well, which is nice.

All the best,

Shane

Edited to add: I take it off the wall all the time to play, and the on-off-on-off usage seems to bother it none at all. :)

10. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

There's really no way to tell that I'm aware of. I bought several that appeared to be identical, in two batches. The first batch was fine. The second batch turned nitro into a gummy mess. if you held one from each batch, you could not tell which was which.

11. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Joe, thats why I made the comment to put cloth. material, etc (something that you are sure will not react with nitro) at the contact points ... you wont know until it is too late, that was the reason for my suggestion .. preventative .. ;)

12. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Those swivel. Those are exactly what I have and I mounted them "square" on the wall and you can see that all my basses (including my P) hang straight.

[​IMG]

13. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

I haven't found a headstock shape they don't work with. I live in an earthquake zone so the locking Herc hangers and stands are about all I'll use. They swivel so no need to mount them on an angle, and they are supposed to be nitro safe as long as the finish has fully cured.
    [​IMG]

14. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

Another user of the Hercules locking hangers. 13 wall hangers as well as a single, double, triple floor stand. Different basses all hang correctly.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395937919.061324.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395937936.516398.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395937955.735463.jpg

I wouldn't use anything else.

15. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Yeah, I never had any issue with mine and the nitro finish on my '66 P neck.

16. jbd5015

jbd5015 Cool cars & Bass guitars Supporting Member

Noice starfire there dude!!! i had a sunburst SFII for a while. neato basses!! those hagstroms are quite slick as well!

cheers!!

17. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

All of my Nitro and poly basses have been hanging on Hercules stands and wall hanger all of their life's with no problems.
    Even my pink Gibson shows no sign of discoloration.

18. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

Thanks. Just got it last week. Waiting on some LaBella tapes. I just don't understand why hollow bodies ship with crappy rounds on them. The Starfire and Starcaster both came with Fender's $2.37 round sets.

Had a 67 Starfire that I had to sell in the early 70s and have wanted another one ever since. Guild did a good job on these.

The Hag is a 64 Futurama. It's in very good shape, plays well and has it's own unique sound.