Fender Precision Mike Dirnt. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tiritos, Feb 14, 2014.

1. tiritos

tiritos

Hi! Anyone knows it? Is it a good bass for the price?

2. Wallace320

Wallace320

Fairly giood for its price indeed

I once owned the Vintage White one and I used it on many occasion: from (trad) metal to (class) rock, alternative, pop and blues... Unbelievable as it may sound, I also found it good for some serious slappin'

I sold it for a Geddy Lee Jazz and made one too many mistake in life

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. tiritos

tiritos

Made in Mexico? How is the quality?

4. KablesP

KablesP

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wallace320

Wallace320

You don't have neither American (substantial) nor Japanese (perceived: I talked about Geddy Lee Jazz) quality, fit and finish

But you know you can count on swamp ash body (scooped, with both clarity and lowend) Custom '59 split coil (with all the attack you need) paired by fancy Tele neck and headstock (they're fancy to me;)) and Leo Quann's BadAssII:)

Cheers,
    Wallace

7. jlt5x

jlt5x

I have the Fender MIM Dirnt. The pickups are probably the best precision pickups I've played. Great solid instrument. I just think I like the more modern bodies and headstocks. I will probably be posting it up for sale soon. You can pm me if you want to discuss....

8. JSpradBass

JSpradBass Supporting Member

I had one for about 6 months. I never bonded with it. The sound was classic Precision, but the fit and finish were a little lacking, it was heavy as hell, and the neck would have made a great baseball bat.

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Yeah.
    My only experience was with the first ones, and I got to examine five identical black ones as they were unpacked.

One was more or less OK. One was absolutely horrific, total junk. Three were kind of rough. :meh:

They were all dreadfully heavy.

I really wanted to like them, but just couldn't go for it.

MIM QC has supposedly improved. It would have to, as it scarcely could be worse than it used to be. I haven't even touched an MIM in many years, so I'll have to reserve judgement. I do think they are currently overpriced.