Fender Pro 410 slant

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 73jbass, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

Anybody remember these? I just bought this off Craigslist Atlanta for a real good deal,and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I've been doing the Ampeg thing for several years now and gave up on ported cabinets. This thing kicks ass! The low mid bump of the Ampeg isn't there,but the clarity is really nice,even with the tweeter off. I tried it with an Eden 1205 and Hartke LH 500. The Sterling 5 HH and Fender USA Jazz Deluxe 5 were the test basses. All sounded great with nice tight low end that wasn't boomy or muddy.And you can hear it standing right in front of it because the top speakers are angled up 25 degrees. Brilliant! Going to gig with it Saturday. This should be fun!

Attached Files:

2. 73jbass

Boy,this thing blew me away! The bottom end was tight,mids and high end were perfect. I went to the back of the room when a friend filled in for a song or two,and the bass could be heard clear as a bell. Used the Sterling 5 with the Eden 1205 head with just a couple of notches of bass boosted. Love it! Why doesn't every cabinet company make a bass cab in this style? Guitarist have been using them for decades.
  3. vigor&kandor

vigor&kandor

Nice. I always enjoyed the bassman line from that era.
  4. 73jbass

You can stand right in front of it and actually hear yourself loud and clear.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. andrklet

andrklet Guest

I´m toying with the idea of building a vertical 2x12. And I´m thinking about mounting the top driver at a 5-10 degree angle. Good to hear your happy. Any disadvantages to that?
  7. 73jbass

10 degrees may not be enough. This one is slanted 25 degrees and it aims the top drivers right at your head. My drummer even said he liked the sound of it. Just got a cover from LeCover yesterday. He called me to verify it was the slant cab because they have only made a few of them. Wonder if the current line of Fender Pro cabs sound this good?