1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Prophecy 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cyco739z, Aug 5, 2013.

1. cyco739z

cyco739z Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    I was hoping someone who is familiar with this bass can help and describe the controls for me.
    There 4 knobs in a diamond configuration. It is active. info on the web is conflicting. some saying that the two top knobs are seperate pickup volumes while others say a master volume & a blend/pan. can Anyone help without checking but from experience? THANK YOU.
  2. cyco739z

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    The reason that I am unable to figure it out right now is, I just bought it and am not at my amps. when I test/played it (breifly) I asdumed the two top knobs were seperate pup volumes but now that it is home, I noticed one has a center position when Turning it which would indicate that it is a pickup selector. This would mean the Neck pup is not working since it shuts everything off rolled down.... but if they are seperate pickup vols. Im good. sorry so confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

From Wikipedia:
    The Fender Prophecy II Bass was a Japanese-made, limited-edition bass guitar which was a significant departure from the well-known traditional Precision Bass and Jazz Bass. It was actually produced by Heartfield (a subsidiary of Fender) in Japan's Fujigen Gakki factory.

Unique features of the bass include a double-pointed 2-and-2 headstock painted black (rather than the trademark natural-finish Fender 4-on-top headstock), and a 22-fret neck with a smoothly carved bolt-on neck joint body-through feel. The body loosely resembles a thinline jazz body with a longer strap horn without a pickguard or metal knob-plate. The hardware was gold and the paint was translucent on the body and the back of the neck.

The electronics were active with covered passive pickups, set up like a Precision Bass Special (a split-coil humbucker at center, and single-coil jazz pickup at bridge). The knobs are set up in a diamond pattern under the bridge and bridge pickup. The knobs represented Volume, Trim/Pot, Bass and Treble.

The Prophecy I featured a basswood body and passive electronics while the Prophecy III employed a neck-through-body design.
  4. cyco739z

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    Thanks. I did read that too.
    not to sound stupid but what is trim/pot? I mean, I know what an internal trim pot is, but what does it do on ny bass? and where then is the pickup selector?
  5. cyco739z

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    Anyone???
  6. cyco739z

Disclosures:
    Boston Ma.
    I figured it out... It is the pup selector. got a dead P pickup. Hmmm... Guess not many people are familiar with these from the # of responses.