Fender Reissue 63' P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gougedeye, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

So I had a chance to play a Fender AVR 63 P Bass at my local music store. My first impression is that it is an extremely well made instrument! The fit and finish was perfect. The set up was great and it played like butter. It was light, no more than 8 lbs. To top it off, I swear this bass had a 1 piece body. I looked it over pretty carefully and could not find a seam. All in all, I thought it was a pretty cool bass. But, for $2500 it should be! I really didn't care for the chrome covers or the foam mutes, but those can be remedied. Since I was trying out P-Basses, I played an American Special. I really liked this bass! Very light as well. Set up was great and it played super. The pickup was a bit more ballsy than the AVR. I think it had a 3 piece body, but was well matched. Did I stumble upon a gem? If I had to choose, I'd save the $ and get the American Special. YMMV.
  2. Bassmunnky

Bassmunnky

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars
    Great question...Had the same experience...don't really know what the extra Grand gets you with the vintage....well, I KNOW...but...I'm not sure either