1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Reverse Jaguar Bass [HELP]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Iv4nn, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Iv4nn

Iv4nn

Guys, I'm going to buy the Fender Jaguar Bass Reverse very soon!

Is it good? or is there any other option which is better than that?

I heard that Modern Player is pretty good!

I have tried the reverse one and i'd love the sound! However, it's really difficult for me to reach 15 frets or above!

2. Bobster

Bobster

I'm extremely happy with my Modern Player Jag, but it's P/J configuration is going to have a totally different sound than the reverse Jag.

Good luck with the decision...

Bob

3. Iv4nn

Iv4nn

Do u think modern Jag have better sound than the Reversed one?

4. NightTripper

NightTripper

I tried one and I also liked it. Very good sound and feel, plus it has a unique look. But yes, the high frets are hard to reach. I think it's a good bass if you don't use those frets a lot.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded

+1
    I think this really needs to be emphasized to anyone potentially purchasing this bass.

7. Iv4nn

Iv4nn

thanks all.

But I wanna know if u guys have to buy a bass guitar now. which one u guys prefer?

I play rock and funk mostly.

8. Immigrant

Immigrant

I have a reverse Jag. I like it enough. It feels like a Fender. The pups and output are hot for a passive bass.

Yes, upper fret access sucks. I wouldn't want it to be my only bass. Everybody is quick to mention the access issue, but there are a lot of T-Bird owners out there who have dealt with that. Access is even more limited on the Jag though.

You'll hear a lot of whining about neck dive also. I haven't had a problem with that due to use of a suede strap.lots of basses dive, and TBers jump on that like Tommy on Pam.:spit:

If it's a second or third bass, cool. If it's your ONLY bass, no.

9. Wallace320

Wallace320

Then I also found it hard to get thru 17th fret (I can reach it).

Not that I'm there everytime, but it gets frustrating

I own an ESP/LTD Phoenix (almost a reversed Thunderbird) and, for sure, an Epiphone reversed Thunderbird Pro IV

I still got them

Not only they're both a full step downtuned (the Epi sports an Hipshot GB7 bass extender too: from D, G, C, F to C, G, C, F) but they're full forcin' neckthru mahogany (Thunderbird) and basswood (Phoenix) while retainin attack sustain and definition

The Reverse Jaguar doesn't

Plus you can save something investin' on the P/J Modern Player Jaguar (I had it too)... It sounds pretty good and it's very handy... and Koto body is a surprise!

Cheers,
    Wallace